Sunday 20th February

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Sunday 20th February

Postby snail » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Unfortunately, Kay and I are away to Braemar for the weekend (to play in the snow by the looks of things), so we won't make this Sunday's run. Hope the weather is better here, than is forecast for Braemar (heavy snow!). As most of the people we are away with are skiers/boarders, they will be delighted. Our mountain bikes are sitting outside, ready to be loaded up - but will probably end up back in the shed. Walking boots instead!

Have a good one!
snail
Stabalizers

Re: Sunday 20th February

Postby Andy D » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 am

Small sub group club run of one Ythan member leaving from Tolo's at 9am on Sunday. Forecast looks nae bad, will need to remember the sun block. ;)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Sent you a private message Andy, dont rush to open it as it only contains two words!
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Is anyone out tomo?

Should be out :)
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby The Loneys » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Karl and Zak wil be out! 10:00 at Ellon as usual.
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:09 pm

cool, Ill ride out from town if the weather not so bad, need to be in Newburgh for 12:30/1 ish

any ideas on a route?been so long since ive been out ill probably get lost :(
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:44 am

Weather rotten again but still heading down. Got to make the best of it!
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Alternative Club Run - Braemar!

Postby snail » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Hope club run went well this morning. Kay and I took the MTBs from Kelloch, through Invercauld to the Linn of Quoich, then past Mar Lodge to the Linn of Dee (and back). Fine morning, but some very major water hazzards en route, consequently very wet and dubby (then very cold). Probably wouldn't have been quite so wet if we hadn't gone full speed through the puddles/lakes! Out for about 2 and a half hours then complete change of clothing, followed by lunch in "The Bothy" in Ballater - lovely!!! Doesn't seem to have been wet here, so at least you wouldn't have been soaked. (BTW - we had NO rain/snow/hail in Braemar yesterday - out walking all day, only boots wet!

See you all next week, hopefully, Jeanette
snail
Stabalizers

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

It was raining in Mallorca first thing!!! :(

Never mind, held off going out until 1130 then went for a wee spin with MALCOLM F&CKIN' ELLIOT!!!! and 3 of his Motorpoint Pro Team and Malcolm's mate, Phil, who I had hooked up with the day before.

101 miles, generally sitting at the back not getting in anyone's way and keeping quiet, the lads spoke to me though and I managed some grunts back at them, in between grovelling to hang on over most of the hills!! Took a spell on the front as I didn't want to appear to be just tagging along for the ride, big mistake - 5 miles into the wind and the lights were flickering (this was 85 miles into the run mind you) and I had to get a wee nudge to hold the wheels on the last climb but made it home with the bunch - knackered, obviously time to go for a couple of pints at Tolo's ;)

Seems I have open invitation to tag along again during the week but I can't possibly manage 7 days of that, will see how I feel before venturing forth with them again. Can die happy now though, I have gone on a training run with a hero of mine Malcolm Elliot, true legend (if you are too young to have heard of him, look him up on tinterweb)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Good run this morn, bit breezy tho. Cheers to Graham for taking the lead. Good to get out and test the legs ;)
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Next

Return to Ythan Club Runs