Sunday 13th Feb

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Sunday 13th Feb

Postby Colin A » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Folks,

It has been suggested that we set up a second Sunday club run to cater for members who prefer a slightly more sedate club run. With this in mind this Sunday will have two club runs.

1/ A normal club run - distance and speed decided by who turns up.

2/ A more sedate run over a shorter distance led by Norman Fraser. Distance and speed will develop over time as people get used to the runs.

Both rides will start from Ellon swimming pool at 10am on Sunday morning.

You may be recovering from injury or illness or just beginning to get into the swing of things after the long winter layoff or might be worried if you can keep up, then this is the run for you. I would encourage those that might have previously been put off by the speed and distance of club runs to come out and help develop the "social" rides.

Many thanks to Norman Fraser and Jannette McBoyle who have kindly agreed to come out and set these up. Lets support their endeavours and get this up and running (or pedalling)

Thanks

Colin
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Sunday 13th Feb

Postby snail » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Thought of raking your bike out of the shed? Thought of going along to YCC with your partner/offspring/Dad/Granda, but never quite got round to it? The thought of being last, left behind, or lost put you off? Now is your chance - none of these things will happen on Sunday - Snail will be there! I am the one at the back, making everyone else feel good. Haven't been around much lately, but have heard murmurings that there could be a group of cyclistas just itching to get out there, so this is your chance. "Uncle Norman" will also be in charge, so you won't have to rely on me to do anything mechanical - just as well. Hopefully, we can plan it so our path does cross the "special ones" at some point, or at least end up at the same place, same time - if need be. Excited? I am - anything has to be better than marking Higher prelims!! Now where's that bike - think it's green, and that's not the mould, before you say it!

Jeanette (aka "Snail")
snail
Stabalizers

Postby The Loneys » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:24 pm

This sounds like the club run for me :) I couldn't even keep up with the QL on Saturday :oops:. Would love to be there on Sunday but we are away with Zak in Edinburgh - training this weekend.
Count me (and Adam) in for the week after.
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby snail » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 pm

That's magic - a keen bean already! Look forward to meeting you next time, and good luck down in Edinburgh! :D
snail
Stabalizers

Postby John Hunter » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 am

Roughly how long is the original run this weekend?

Hopefully the weather and baby will permit
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 am

Dont have "an original run" but thought we take back roads to Inverurie, do the Inverurie duathlon route(14 miles but need to see a aroute if Mike's not out) and back through Whiterashes, Udny Green etc.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Club Run Report (Alternative Group)

Postby snail » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Home and showered - essential to heat up, rather than clean up! Norman, Kay and I did 19 miles, we were out for about an hour and half or so, average speed 12 mph. For those of you reading this, looking out at the rain and wind, thinking "you're crazy" - you're right! However, after a less than pleasant 7 miles down to Ellon from Tarves, we had a lovely run (honest) through Ythanbank, over Tangland Bridge, through the policies of Haddo House, over Thornroan (where the weather caught up with us) and a windy/wet couple of miles (more miles for Norman) home to Tarves. Kay was in the shower before I got my jacket off, she had lost all feeling in her feet, and was walking in a very peculiar fashion! Feel good now, full load of dubby washing in machine and bikes look like they've been through a "ploo'ed park". Hope the "Elite" group had a good run too. See more out next week? Try to arrange better weather, honest.

Jeanette
snail
Stabalizers

Postby JimBo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:03 pm

I was actually up much to Carmel's annoyance.... dressed and ready to go when I went out to the garage to get my steed, and discovered our boiler had sprung a leak and made a mess all over the garage floor, a few hours later and the village plumber had made a temporary fix, seems the flow valve has snuffed it and good old fashioned PTFE tape has sorted it for now until we get the valve replaced....well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Hopefully next week.

Jim.
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank"
JimBo
Maillot Vert

Postby John Hunter » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:20 pm

I had a late start, so just went out and did a few miles, quick blast on my 10 course then home, vvv soggy and breezy at times. Glad some others got out :)
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Only 4 of us braved the elements of this morning's weather including new member Paul Scott from Newburgh. Scott Walker was heading towards the Car park in his car just has we had left but as he didnt want us hanging around for any longer while he got organised, he went home.
Despite the blusterely wind and rain it didnt feel as cold as it was last Sunday. It was actually good to be out!
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Next

Return to Ythan Club Runs