Club Runs for June 2015

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Club Runs for June 2015

Postby Don » Fri May 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Here are the proposed Sunday runs for June (posted with more that three days notice!!). More details on route specifics, timings, transport etc to come nearer the time for each of the rides.

7th June:
Inverurie start; heading for Alford(ish) and over Suie. This will give us a shot at one of the areas "must do" climbs, without the ride turning into a 100k+ marathon.

Change of plan required here; I can't make the club run, so I'd be grateful if someone could propose a route to start from the usual meeting place at the Ellon swimming pool. Any volunteers? I'll organise a Suie ride starting from Inverurie in July instead.

14th June:
A few club members who also happen to wear running shoes on occasion are competing in the Ythan Challenge; as I'm one of them, I'm looking for a volunteer to lead this Sunday run.

21st June:
A second attempt to reach Ythanwells and a potential cafe stop at Morgan McVeigh’s. If the weather holds and we don't abort this ride again, this route is a smidge over 90k. There are various options to knock a large slice of this distance off, so not everyone need commit to doing the entire route. If there is sufficient demand for it, we could split the ride at Fyvie.

28th June:
Ythan goes offroad! Trip to Glenlivet trail centre
http://www.glenlivetestate.co.uk/things-to-see-do/activities/mountain-biking/
A bit of a change, but it's time for my MTB's annual outing. Hopefully nothing vital has seized up in the many months it's been languishing at the back of the garage...
Don
BMX

Re: Club Runs for June 2015

Postby Meldrum Mark » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Don,

7th June 2015.

Back early from offshore, so I'll be at Ellon swimming pool at 09:00 on Sunday morning, more than happy to lead the ride. I won't post a route, but there will be plenty of opportunity to either lengthen or shorten the one that is in my head for those that want to when we're out.

Cheers,

Mark
Meldrum Mark
BMX

Re: Club Runs for June 2015

Postby Don » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:47 am

Club run for two...

http://www.strava.com/activities/329788 ... ride_share

Slightly damp ride for the longest day! Just Alan and I today and family commitments mean that the planned expedition to Ythanwells and Morgan McVeigh's has eluded me yet again. I'm determined to get that route done this year, so expect it to be back on the calendar for July!
Don
BMX

Return to Ythan Club Runs