Club runs

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Club runs

Postby AndrewL » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:03 am

Hey folks,
Although i'm not a member of Ythan CC, I would quite like to come along on a club run to get a feel for it and possibly join!
Are there any mid week runs planned?

Cheers
Andrew
AndrewL
Fisher Price Trike

Re: Club runs

Postby Don » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Andrew;

Other than the regular Sunday run, there is a usually a club run on a Friday evening. That generally follows the same route - I can set that up as a course on Garmin and share it, so you could see where everyone is going.

Please note that there isn't a Club run this Sunday (April 26th) as there are a couple of things on. A few of us a riding the Etape Loch Ness from Inverness; but the main focus of club activity will be the Hilly 20 Time Trial. You'll find more details of the TT on the British Cycling website (here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... d-Skool-TT). Although the event venue is listed as the Meadows Sports Centre in Ellon, the actual start line and finish are on the A948, somewhere behind BrewDog, if I recall correctly (someone is bound to correct me if I've got that wrong!). The fun kicks off at 10:00 - it might be worth stopping by to see what's going on...

Looking slightly further ahead, I'm trying to get routes for the Sunday runs posted here as far in advance as possible, so keep checking back here for more details. That (and the website's calendar) are still work in progress, so things are still a little ad hoc and informal for the time being!

I'll look forward to meeting up on a future club run.

Donald.
Don
BMX

Postby Don » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm

As promised, here's the Friday night club run route from Garmin:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/9357158

Donald.
Last edited by Don on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don
BMX

Postby AndrewL » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:11 am

Hi Donald, thanks for the reply!
unfortunately i get a 404 Not Found message from the Garmin link!
AndrewL
Fisher Price Trike

Postby Don » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:10 am

Andrew, I updated the link in my original post... It should work now; PM me if you still get the 404 error!
Don
BMX

Return to Ythan Club Runs