Race calendar

Local races for local people.

Race calendar

Postby malcolm » Fri May 02, 2014 7:12 am

Has anyone had any indication why the bulk of the local races are not showing as open for entry on the BC Website? The race calendar that came out from ADCA earlier this year showed all the events yet very few are showing as available for entry after the end of May and one race has moved from June to September?

Mal
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Race calendar

Postby Carol » Fri May 02, 2014 9:17 am

There seems to be a trend this year of organisers not registering events till 4 weeks beforehand.....I am also waiting for a couple of events to go online, but it could also be the case that the events don't have organisers or that their dates have clashed. I am just as guilty as I have yet to register the Bob Soutar :oops:
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Mon May 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Are there any local events on after May? I can't see any - any clue as to 'proposed' events which have proposed dates but don't feature on the BCF calendar.

I am struggling to find a race after the week ending on the 25th when we have the GCRT 25.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Mon May 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Some of the TTs are showing but the District RR Champs which were meant to be in June have been moved to September onto a course using Cairn O'Mount. None of the Evening RRs after Duncan's on 22nd May are showing. Rest of the country seems to be ok as the NOSCA events all seem to be there. Hoping someone from ADCA or whatever district we are part of can maybe find out?
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Wed May 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Andy/Malcolm - ill email you proposed Scottish Events 2014
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks Carol, but it's a bit of a nonsense that events which are on-line entry aren't showing and those which aren't - well if they ain't on the BCF site, how are we to know who to send an entry to?!? :cry: :?

Thought this modern era with on-line entry would be better - just had to send off a hardcopy entry form and cash (dinna hae a cheque book anymore!!) to an organiser in the North for the Inchberry 10 next week. (at least it was on-line in terms of details of where and when and who though!!!)

Rant Over........maybe! :evil:
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Wed May 07, 2014 7:37 pm

....hope you remembered the SAE:)
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby bbavidge » Wed May 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Entered the Granite City RT 25TT scheduled for the 25th of May a couple of weeks ago (I think). Still haven't received confirmation of entry & can't see list of entrants on the BC web-site either. Anyone else got the same?
bbavidge
Stabalizers

Postby Carol » Wed May 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Just checked back I dont appear to have confimration either. I entered on 1st April
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Thu May 15, 2014 5:21 pm

I have my confirmation for the GCRT 25 but after that I haven't a clue what is happening. I know there is a meeting coming up and the grand plan from the velodrome, for what was ADCA, is to be discussed but I don't recall a season like this since I started racing 25 years ago. 3-4 races on BC after this month??? What was the point of producing a district calendar and to then not put the races on. I post as a rider but also an organiser. This is not for Ythan to answer but someone from ADCA or maybe someone from the velodrome would like to tell us, as paying members of BC, what's going on because the meeting on 26th has got nothing to do with this years races and not everyone who is a BC member will be there.

Last years report into SC clearly stated communication was an issue, massive positive today after the GGP featured on the SC website so things can be done but little point in doing the youth races if there are no races locally. So much progress over the last two seasons locally with some of the historical problems resolved so lets not slip back into that again.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Next

Return to Aberdeen District Area