Hello

Welcome to the board. Read this first before posting on the board. Problems with the forum, try here for help.

Hello

Postby snrf81 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 am

Thought I would say hello as I often see you guys out and about on the roads and also on a Tuesday night just over the road from my house. Anyhow I enjoy cycling and I am just getting back into after having a couple of little tiny terrors.

My first question is - what is it you are doing on Tuesday evenings, I have been curious about this for sometime?! and secondly can anyone join or do you have to be super fit with a top of the range bike?
snrf81
Fisher Price Trike

Re: Hello

Postby Chris C » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Florence

On a Tuesday evening from April to September you have seen the club confined 10 mile time trial. This is an out and back race against the clock and is open to club members. There is a league throughout the season with awards for the various categories. Riders are set off at 1 minute intervals and it is you against the clock, you are racing your own best times.

You don't have to be super fit or have a Bradley Wiggins cast off as a bike. Lots of our club members take part, me included, and I can assure you I'm not super fit and the wrong side of 40...It is great fun and you can take it as seriously as you like. We also have club runs on a Wednesday and Friday evening and a longer one on Sunday morning. There is coaching for our youth section (QLs) on a Saturday morning at the Ellon community centre car park starting at 10.00am. The coaches that are around on a Saturday would be glad to answer any questions you have if you would like to pop over.

Feel free to ask questions on this forum or on Facebook.

Chris
Chris C
Maillot Jaune

Return to Info and Announcements