Velodrome time

Updates from the SCU Regional Development Coach. Non Ythan members are welcome to join the discussion but state which club you belong to.

Velodrome time

Postby Colin A » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Everyone

This is an update regarding the above sessions for the Velodrome on the 17th November and 22 December. You will note that the first session is for youths and the second is a general session. The intention is to have a maximum of 40 riders attend these sessions, it is quite possible that the youth numbers will not be reached and I would suggest that the places be filled with other riders. These are SC booked sessions so the riders do not have to be accredited, however the region has to supply their own track coaches and Martin Harris has offered to lead the 17th of November session, he will obviously need assistance so other coaches thinking about doing there track DSU in the future should use these sessions as a practice.

Entry to the sessions are by an online system only and the cost of the session per rider will be £10, the links to both sessions are detailed below. Bikes will be available for hire for these sessions.

A lead coach for the 22 December is still required, if nobody is able to do this from the region then I will try and source another coach, volunteers will still be required to assist the course.

It would be fair to say that there has been some confusion over SC’s involvement in arranging club/individual Velodrome Sessions, together with the lack of response or the wrong response from Glasgow Life to your enquiries. I have discussed this with my colleagues and Lynne Munro our new head of development as placed an article detailed in the link below to explain the position for everybody concerned.

I hope you find this helpful.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/scotla ... facilities

Online link – 17th November - http://www.riderhq.com/events/67076/sc- ... ampianfife

Online link – 22 December - http://www.riderhq.com/events/67089/sc- ... ampianfife

Cheers

Peter
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Velodrome time

Postby Colin A » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 pm

16 ythanites going down to the track on Sunday - hooray. I hope they are gentle on a track vigin like me :o Well not quite a virgin but its been years and years and years.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy Scouller » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 am

Being a complete track virgin, what do I need to take with me other than my ythan kit?
Andy Scouller
Raleigh Banana

Postby Chris C » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:16 pm

On past experience - elastoplast...

The bikes have Look pedals but you can hire shoes if necessary. Plenty of fluids as it is quite warm in the velodrome.
Chris C
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:40 am

Sitting here waiting for guys to turn up. I'm quite nervous and my nerves are shot from the football last night. What have I forgotten?
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:10 am

Great time last night at velodrome. Absolutely buzzing at the last session. I thought there would be more people from the other clubs in Grampian there. I think there were three AWers, one DTer, one GCer, two VC44ers and a partridge in a pear tree.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby mike g » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Well done to everyone who had a go at the Velodrome last night.

Anyone any room in their garden for a Sir Chris Cooper Velodrome up here???
mike g
BMX

Postby Chris C » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:19 pm

and the DTer came with us!

Has a nice ring to it - thanks Mike!
Chris C
Maillot Jaune

Return to News from the Big Hoose