Winter Ythan Kit Order

Want some new togs - The answer lies within!

Winter Ythan Kit Order

Postby Andy D » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Folks,

I have already had a nibble or two about ordering more kit for through the winter and it is probably worth considering buying kit NOW (yes NOW) for the new season 2014, if you plan on racing. As we would probably order about January/February and maybe get the kit arrive by March/April at earliest, so lets get an order together soon to avoid disappointment.

Cheers,
Andy

P.S. I have had at least one message asking about socks and mitts, so I shall look into this to see what our minimum orders will be etc and get back to you. BTW - any interest in getting Ythan water bottles? Just a thought.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Re: Winter Ythan Kit Order

Postby Scotty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Andy, stupid question but what kit do you recommend I buy for racing in next year. I just don't would to buy too much and certainly don't want to buy too little. Thanks
Scotty
BMX

Postby malcolm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Cheers Andy, socks and mitts came out of the RR discussions. If you can price bottles then that would be great as well.

If you aren't riding two day events then you are as well having one road top and a pair of bibshorts, or alternatively one skinsuit. Also worthwhile getting a long sleeved top/jacket and some folk have the overshoes. And Mr Duncan always insists that everyone needs an Ythan cap, which makes sense under a road helmet when its raining or cold.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby ScottG » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 am

I'll be ordering some kit for sure. Let me know when it opens up.

Scotty
ScottG
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 pm

If anyone is desperate for a pair of bib shorts there is a club spare pair (never worn ) available - size large.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 am

Also a SIZE LARGE (unworn) skinsuit available at a lesser price than ChampionSystem website.

Contact me for details.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Quick update on Gloves/Mitts and Socks from Champ System.

The socks are a minimum order of 50 pairs, which I think is too much (£5 per pair) but am prepared to consider this if there is the demand....do we want to order up 50 pairs of socks in varying sizes? I quite like to wear socks as oversocks in cooler conditions or as cheapo aero oversocks so I suppose I would be ordering a few pairs but can we justify buying 50 pairs?!?!

Mitts aren't so bad, they come in at a minimum order of 10 items but cost £15 per pair (which is cheaper than most mitts on the market but I have little idea of just how good these will be and sizing etc)

Let me know what you think, so that would be £250 in socks and £150 in gloves potentially ordered if that is what you want, not sure that the club can afford that initial outlay so we need a commitment to buy from members, with only a small number of items going into stock.

My idea for designs will be 'Ythan' blue socks with either 'ythan' written on them in white/black or our wee YCC cyclist emblem and same for gloves - but gloves would be in black with white or blue logo/writing.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I would take 5 pairs of socks and a pair of mitts. Ithink 50 pairs from within the club is achievable.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Return to Club Clothing