Youth Tour of Scotland Day 1

Moderator: Colin A

Youth Tour of Scotland Day 1

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Just a quick resume of today.

Hamish and Jordan did really well, particularly Jordan who did most of the race on his own. The course was punishing (ask Fiona) but both of them did well in their first ever road race. They both were stopped with 1 lap to go (I think)* but had put in a tremendous effort. The rest of the ADCA team were a little unfortunate with Andrew from Granite City suffering a mechanical after being in contention for quite some time. Robbie Tree from DT was less fortunate after clipping a wheel and ended up with a hospital check. Fortunately, nothing broken but his race is over after a really good effort. Hamish and Robbie probably could have finished if they had managed to stay together.

Some really tired legs including mine (I've walked for miles you know...) but here's hoping for the Perth City centre crit tomorrow. Overall a fantastic experience for the Ythan boys who really did us proud when you consider the field they we up against.

*Jordan with one lap and Hamish with two, seen the results now...
Last edited by Chris C on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris C
Maillot Jaune

Youth Tour of Scotland Day 2

Postby Chris C » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm

No disasters today apart from the weather which has been damp and cold. The damp caused a few crashes with the girls on the Perth city centre criterium but the boys managed to stay upright. A great ride from Jordan in attrocious conditions let him finish around 44th and Andrew from Granite City pulled back a lot of time with a really gutsy ride to finish 29th. Hamish finished without being stopped which was great for his confidence putting him 10th off the bottom, another good result for a first criterium in the rain/sleet/snow!

Still waiting for the TT results but all three ADCA lads put in a good effort on the 1.5km course which was quite technical with a hard climb right at the start.

Off to my bed....
Chris C
Maillot Jaune

Re: Youth Tour of Scotland Day 1

Postby Colin A » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Well done lads, a great experience.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Good effort from the ADCA lads. Never easy against a high quality field, difficult course and harsh conditions.

Lots of earning for all concerned, I'm sure, which will stand them in good stead for the rest of the season and seasons to come.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:22 pm

"lots of earning" - Was it a pro race :D
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to QL Race News