20 ft container

AGM info, nights oot etc

20 ft container

Postby Colin A » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

The club now has a lot of equipment and it is spread out over various garages and sheds throughout the area. We have been offered an area for storage at the meadows sports centre which would be an ideal central location.

What we really need now is a 20 foot container to house all the gear. Does anyone have a contact that could source one?
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: 20 ft container

Postby Dave H » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:48 pm

I've used Greenwell Equipment based in Altens before (http://www.greenwellequipment.co.uk/Containers.asp). You can get water-tight containers that also have lighting and shelves included. Other than that maybe one of the club members, working in oil and gas and has a spare one, might be able to donate one to the club.
Dave H
Grifter

Postby Colin A » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm

The donation route is the one we would like to pursue if possible.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby bbavidge » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Have tried Asco but no joy & also left message with Swire. Seems there is a tight market for used offshore transportation containers. Will pursue options via Taqa & BP on the basis that there are "Children in need". Will keep you posted!
bbavidge
Stabalizers

Postby Colin A » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks guys, I used to work for a comapny that converted containers but they went out of business, afer I left them. BS 7072 containers were replaced by EN12079 and DNV 2.7.1 containers so there used to be heaps of spare ones available. Also containers used for shipping are no use for offshore lifting so there used to be plenty of those about as well.

Just our luck that things have changed, but im sure there is something out there we can use.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby bbavidge » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Container companies drew a blank. Have since been in contact with Taqa (corporate/HR) to see if they are willing to help out with either hardware or a donation to help funding. Again, will keep you posted.
Any thoughts on posting some Taqa logo banners or posters at Cyclefest/Crit in return?
bbavidge
Stabalizers

Postby Colin A » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:40 pm

A few leads coming in. No problem if Taqa would like to help out. They are sponsors of Deeside thistle though. I'm not sure about cyclefest because there are other sponsors in place but there would be no problem about the Ellon crit. We can always have banners with Ythan and Taqa on them for all our events.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Container development is moving on. Just waiting to see a few at the moment and see if any work is needed for them. Ellon meadows has said we can sore it there. They already have containers from the rugby, football and hockey clubs there.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Containers arrived yesterday and a lot of the gear is down there already. Thanks to stork for giving us he old container, refurbishing them, putting in racking and painting them for us. They are the best looking containers down there.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to Club News