Positive Coaching Scotland

Positive Coaching Scotland

Postby megamouth » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Folks,
Reminder for Thursday for those who have signed up already. There are a few places left if anyone who hasn't put their name down wants to attend - drop me an email at the address below please

Invite to Ythan Cycling Club members

Firstly I would like to say well done to all of you who are giving up their spare time to help deliver cycle coaching to the children of Ythan QL. It is only through individuals like you that such opportunities can be provided, and seldom do I think others realise the level of commitment this requires.

I am really keen to encourage those that are coaching, about to start coaching or are just lending a hand occasionally at sessions, to sign up to the forthcoming Positive Coaching Scotland Double Goal Coach Workshop myself and 'Active Schools' colleagues are delivering. This is a national initiative that is being driven by Sportscotland.

'Positive Coaching Scotland (PCS) is based on a highly successful US model. PCS creates a positive environment in youth sport which focuses on encouraging effort and learning, improving performance and fostering competition. The Double Goal Coach workshop promotes 'winning' but in a healthy environment along with a second, more important goal of teaching young people life lessons through sport'

I am sure that if you attend this free workshop that you will find it both interesting and helpful towards the club's aims of providing high quality coaching that enables the QL members to achieve their full potential both in cycling and in the wider world. The workshop is a classroom based session, will be fun, perhaps challenging in places, and has been tailored specifically to give it a cycling 'flavour'

It is being held on:-

13th December at Ellon Academy - Room 105 7 - 9 p.m. I

If you would like to attend please reply by email to paul.winter@aberdeenshire.gov.uk to confirm, including a mobile tel contact number.

More details on the PCS project can be found at http://www.positivecoachingscotland.com.

Paul
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Re: Positive Coaching Scotland

Postby Colin A » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Top banana stuff last night Paul, makes you think about why we are trying to create a club where youths can develop.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Positive Coaching Scotland

Postby malcolm » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Yeah really positive night. Although we should stick to bikes as the chances of making the paper throwing championships are zero!
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Return to Other QL News