YTHAN CHARITY RUN - POSTPONED

AGM info, nights oot etc

YTHAN CHARITY RUN - POSTPONED

Postby Carol » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi Folks, Colin drove round the side roads of the course this moring and they are still hard packed with ice and cant see them clearing before tomorrow. As a result we have had to pospone the Charity Rides. Sorry but safety comes first!
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Re: YTHAN CHARITY RUN - POSTPONED

Postby megamouth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Yvonne is absoulutely gutted - she's been knocking herself out training using the 'visualisation' technique for the past month, taking those numerous opportunities when she's been sat with a glass of plonk to 'see herself' powering around the course. It has worked so well that she was seriously considering doing the 100 miles. Great shame she's now peaked and will only manage the 25 :lol: :lol: :lol:
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Normal club run is on though. We will stick to better roads. 10am at the Ellon swimming pool.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Nebulous » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Well that's probably a sensible idea. I was more worried about wind than ice. Forecast says over 30 knot winds at the Broch which is a pretty serious gale. I'm at my parents with my bike in bits at home, so I don't need to rush home and put it back together now!

Only question is what do I do now with a whole box of flapjacks?

James
Nebulous
BMX

Postby Colin A » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Took a drive over some of the roads yesterday and there was still plenty of blocks of ice and slush all over the roads and at corners.

Went down to see if anyone had turned up for the club run or at the scout hut. Blooming freezing in the rain and gusty. I was wet and thought I may as well go out for a longer run. then the thunder and lightning started and I was on my aluminium bike so I scarpered off home. Now it looks bright and nice but 30 seconds ago it was peeing down.

I've lost my mojo, Has anyone seen my mojo? :(
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Russ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VitENlYh ... ata_player

Mojo building link above maybe? Speak to Mike G, motivational coach (at least he managed to get my sorry a## on a bike again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PzoxTgf ... ata_player
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm

For those that were going to do the 100 today and missed the phone box. Its on the telly just now. Local hero- havent seen it for years. The phone box looks just the same though
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Nebulous » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 pm

I set a target for miles at the beginning of the year. For one reason or another I've been lagging it all year, but a couple of months ago I caught up. Two weeks ago it looked as if I was cruising, 100 miles today would have been a big contribution to that.

Suddenly it looks as though it's a very big ask once more!

That kid is pretty cool Russ.

James
Nebulous
BMX

Postby Baz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm

I just wondered if there was any dates thought off for the rescheduled charity run?
Baz
Fisher Price Trike

Return to Club News