Cyclefest

Moderator: Colin A

Cyclefest

Postby Colin A » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Just a reminder that the cyclefest is on at Alford this weekend. Plenty of youth races- see the new QL sprogs in action. Scottish cycling legend Graeme Obree will be there. There is even a rumour that an ythanite is going for the Scottish one mile penny farthing championships on the track that day. Who could it be? will he/she survive the first corner? how high is it to fall off one of those contraptions?

There will be trade stands and a car boot style cycle jumble as well as vintage bikes.

Details on blog;

http://cyclefestcrit.blogspot.co.uk/

see you on Sunday
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Cyclefest

Postby Ewan B » Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Would anyone be able to take Andrew (10) and me (older than 10) plus Andrew's bike up to Alford on Sunday and back again? Andrew is keen to race but Val and Iona have very selfishly declined to take a bus to Lanark for a highland dancing competition! If anyone is willing and happens to own a bus, Andrew's other sister Nicola might like to come along too.

Yours-in-hope-more-than-expectation,
Ewan
Ewan B
Stabalizers

Re: Cyclefest

Postby Colin A » Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped out and made the Cyclefest day a great day out. 61 youth riders battling it out around the Alford circuit, blistering sun, blistering pace and I had blistering feet :?

race results and pictures to follow.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to QL Race News