Impsport price increase

Want some new togs - The answer lies within!

Impsport price increase

Postby malcolm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Are we sticking with Impsport? Got email today about a November price rise. Don't want to order a skinsuit if we are changing.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Impsport price increase

Postby roadie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm

With the trend being seen in the pro ranks regards their kit - just buy some body paint!! :o
roadie
BMX

Postby Andy D » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Plan was to stay with Impsport 'for emergencies' and keep their kit as it is just now.

The 2nd part of the plan is to have a slightly revised (but essentially the same) kit supplied by Champion System - to be announced and set up towards the end of the year. The issue with that is that they only do bulk orders (unles you want a one off at almost 3 times normal price) - hence keeping Impsport for those who want individual items (albeit in a slightly older style design, of dodgy sizing and quality at a high price!! :roll: )

The new slightly neater designed skinsuits and jerseys will be available once I have had my holidays etc in October - will start the ball rolling with Champion System after then.

The design will remain black front and rear panels with sky/turquoise blue sides and sleeves and panels on black shorts, with various white accents and flashes on body and maybe shorts. This will make a more integrated looking skinsuit design than the current one but will not drastically alter the design/colour scheme and therefore no 'colours change' required via SCU/BCF.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks Andy, will hold off for Champion once that is up and running, no doubt there will be a bulk order.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:35 am

Bulk order? Is DM ordering a new skinsuit? ;)

I think Andy is looking at a 25th anniversary logo to be put on next year’s kit as well.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 am

Yes, keep yer eyes peeled for more info in November/December.

Hopefully meaning we will have delivery by February or March at latest.

For those who cling to the old kits like a bad smell, don't worry, you're auld stuff will still be 'race legal' as although the design will change - probably to a more simple 2 tone with white bits here and there - it will not change to an extent where the original blue/black and white design kit is no longer useable, it will still be fine to wear the original and some say best design - circa 2006.

For those who wear mustard or black and gold or electric blue, shocking pink and retina damaging yellow kits - please stop!! (I am all for nostalgia and wearing them for 'ironic' purposes but they are an afront to the eye - save them for the centenary club run)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 am

Yes, well reminded Colin.

I may run a Blue Peter style art competition (with various categories for under 10's under 15's and under 65's) to design a 25 year anniversary logo or badge for our 25th year in 2012.

See what you can come up with. If they are all rubbish, I'll make up my own as I am officially the club's very own fashion designer.

Stay tuned for my Spring/Summer 2012 collection. 8-)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 am

"I may run a Blue Peter style art competition (with various categories for under 10's under 15's and under 65's) to design a 25 year anniversary logo or badge for our 25th year in 2012."

Norman will not be happy his design is being ignored due to age discrimination :o
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to Club Clothing