DIRECT ORDER CLOTHING

Want some new togs - The answer lies within!

Re: DIRECT ORDER CLOTHING

Postby malcolm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah I think given how they have responded we should stick. It is good kit but the issues that Andy and Fiona have had has to stop. One more chance.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:30 pm

I take on board what is being said here and welcome the feedback. I can see why new members may want to cut down any delay in getting new kit either from a new supplier or from Impsport - however a word or two of caution, we have had real problems with sizing of kit - no two orders have ever been the same when you purchase two items of the 'same size', not to mention the rather high prices compared with some other suppliers, who may make the stuff in a size which fits you, so unless you are willing to fork out for 2 items of 2 sizes to cover the potential mis-sizing, then your enthusiasm to have your kit may be dampened.

Depending on what size you are, we have a few items of kit in stock, which brings me on to the only real advantage of continuing with Impsport - the Direct Ordering (which hasn't gone well so far!) this allows us to not hold stock of pricey items sucking up club funds - BUT - it's a big but there have been lots and lots of c*ck ups from this company in terms of designs, colours etc and this leaves an uneasy feeling as to their ability to adequately provide the service we require.

I too am worried about going to a new supplier but not because of delay (that should not be a major problem - if we pick a supplier we can most likely get our hands on kit by the end of August - if we actually need any) my only real concern is another shade of blue having to be trotted out, bringing the Ythan blues to a 4th different shade!!

A new supplier will need to provide evidence that they can and will replicate our current shade of blue. (i'm not even sure Impsport can do that, despite the apologetic response, even if it was 11 days after I E-Mailed the sales team telling them we were pulling out and they were getting a bit of a doing on the TimeTrialling Forum, along with various other suppliers it has to be said)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Col » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 am

Gang, how bad does the service have to be before it goes too far? How hard does Andy have to work to get us ill-fitting poorly performing kit in whatever shade of blue and design they decide to turn out followed, eventually, by a hollow apology and vague promises?
Every time I race an open event in my Ythan skinsuit I have to pour on chamois cream and try to ignore the rubbish fit. The old TCG skinsuit from ProVision is a treat to wear for confineds due to a better pad and quality of material cut to a far better fit. Okay it wasn't cheap but then neither was the current Impsport one.
For these reasons and the whole sorry history of this situation I'm all for trying different suppliers. If you want me to help by contacting or passing you any contact details for suppliers we deal with through the shop I'd be happy to Andy. From what I understand most will supply direct to clubs without having to go through the shop as middle-man.
Col
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:20 am

There seems to be some call to keep using Imp in the short term due to a need for kit in the next month or so.

How about, seeing as they are trying (even tho the have before numerous times) we use them till the end of the season and then during the dark winter nights we do a proper review of all available options, prepare costs, samples and customer service records and then make an informed decision in the pub?

Do we have a direct number for the guy at Impsport? if he gives us his mobile or desk number, Andy can call him with any problems. If we do re-use them, they need to be on there toes.

Where is the factory?
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:18 am

One other thing, if we do go with Impsport for the rest of the season (or one last chance) then we should ask for the white kit blue to be the same as the blue kit blue. It would mean them updating the white kit but I expect Peter would be happy to do that.

I think that we make it clear to Impsport that if the kit doen't match we won't be paying for it and we won't be back.

Chamois must be a personnal thing as I am quite comfortable in my skinsuit one.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:11 am

Is there really a sudden desire for new kit from large numbers of members within the next Month?

If there is then I suppose another order to Impsport will need to be done. I have a question about that though - if we get ill fitting garments (which are made to order by the way) will members just make do with them as we have generally done before? or do we send them back? and you wait even longer and the 'season is over' as has been suggested if we go to another supplier.

Do we over order to make up for mis-sizing, paid for by the club and then have Impsport kit lying around in stock which no-one seems to want (as is the case right now). If we are going with Impsport there can be no bulk order - in my opinion - for the reasons highlighted above - we cannot afford to have anymore obsolete or unwanted stock lying around, especially at the prices we are looking at from Impsport.

If we are doing direct order only you are pretty much on your own - ie if you don't get what you want, will you get a refund or replacement? That will be a matter for individuals buying the kit. I say that because I think the direct ordering is good (as long as it works!) but you are buying stuff on-line just the same way as if you were buying from any other on-line retailer.

On a personal note, I don't think I will be buying any more kit from Impsport even if we as a club stay with them, unless some of the products improve. I wear bib shorts under my skinsuit because of poor fit and I rarely wear my new style jersey (except for races) because it is rather baggy material and if you put something in the pocket the back hangs down something rotten - it's roughly the right size though!! so means that it is the fabric that's the issue.

Just my 10 cents worth. As Col has pointd out it is me and Fiona who have to do all the donkey work if it is bulk orders etc and as I have said, I think bulk orders are no good at present as it will mean we end up with more stock being held, when we might move on at the end of the season anyway.

If people are really desparate for the latest kit, then I will consider selling my barely worn Ythan jersey and shorts, I suppose, if people are that desparate for a baggy jersey.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Before we take the option of what we think will be best convenient and 'make do with what we have got', I would draw your attention to this link, for a Scottish based company used by many clubs (and a Continental Pro Team - canna mind their name!?!)

http://www.endura.co.uk/Dept.aspx?dept_id=146

Please don't settle for something less than we deserve as a progressive, up and coming club with a good group of members, we deserve good quality kit.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Nick_H » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Andy,
That's the range we got the "works" team clothing from. I got a jersey, a windproof and the thin windtex jacket and the fit and quality is superb. For the money I thought they were spot on.
It took them less than 8 weeks from making an initial enquiry through to delivery (and much of that was faffing around (on our part) over the jersey design. In total 30 off people ordered a range of kits from a single jersey through to a whole wardrobe of stuff.

My vote is for a change of supplier. Impsport have made mistakes in the past and don't seem to have the systems and controls in place to ensure they won't happen again. Assurances are fine but they don't get over systemic issues and problems within a business. I'm sure Endura aren't perfect but my (limited) experience of them would suggest they are a bit more capable of delivering consistently than Impsport.
Nick_H

Postby malcolm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah as I posted previously, Endura are very good at their customer service and delivery. Our work stuff is very good.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby JimBo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am

According to the newsletter we can start order clothing soon?

Jim.
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank"
JimBo
Maillot Vert

PreviousNext

Return to Club Clothing