DIRECT ORDER CLOTHING

Want some new togs - The answer lies within!

Re: DIRECT ORDER CLOTHING

Postby dave mac » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Andy D wrote: I think the sensible option is to keep our current design/colour and use an alternative supplier.

Agree with this course of action, no need to change the current design/colour
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby malcolm » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Yeah the current design is fine.

Received this from Impsport:

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your email.
We have had some confusion which kit is currently being used so i am waiting for confirmation from the club secretary. We were informed that the present blue strip that is on the club shop is no longer valid for riders, so we have had to put on hold the order. As soon as i hear from Graham Gerrard we will manufacture the gilet in the correct design as urgent.

Apologies for the delay.

Regards,

I have requested a refund.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 am

What has GG got to do with it? He's not the secretary or the kit manager. It's Andy who has always dealt with Impsport.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:55 pm

They are apparently not speaking to me following my snot-o-gram to them after this latest debacle.

If Malcolm gets no reasonable response then I can make contact again but effectively the Direct Order is a like buying on-line, I suppose. I am not sure I can help beyond berating them further via E-Mail.

Sale of goods act comes into effect here, if they do not provide goods of merchantable quality or for the purpose they were to be purchased for, then buyer has a right to a refund. I would argue that kit which is not actually our current club kit would fall within that category.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Malcolm,

I have passed on your details to our finance department who are arranging your refund for you today.

Apologies for the mess up with the club - we are hoping to resolve the situation very soon.

Regards,

Matt Brian - Impsport
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Had a very pleasant phonecall from Peter Merrick (I think that was the name) from Impsport - a high ranking Impsport Official, I believe. He was very apologetic and said that none of the problems we have had before will be a problem again and he spoke about much speedier lead times for clothing etc.

I told him we were most likely going to go elsewhere for kit but I have not actually done the 'full consultation' with members yet and am not sure that this will be the end result once everyone has given their opinion.

What do we think? Do Impsport deserve another chance? I vote 'no' because I am not sure I can handle another shade of blue, mental sizing policy/discrepancies and outrageously high prices but this is a democracy and whatever the majority wants, it gets.

I think having speedier lead times and assurances of better quality counts for little if we still receive the wrong stuff (just more quickly and better made!)

Please don't post anything defamotary about Impsport on this forum, just straight forward responses to whether Impsport are worth bothering with or not.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:46 pm

give someone else a go, they had a second chance.

Lets find someone who comes well recommended.

We are a growing club and more and more prople will want kit, so we need a good supplier.
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby JimBo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Lets think about this, by the time you go out to consultation, look around for another supplier, get organised with that supplier, get the first order in, bang season finished and we still have not had a change of kit. Although I have my own agenda for keeping the kit, they did promise me next one at half price, my own judgement is that it will take too long to switch, if they are sincere in eliminating the problems then they need to be given a chance to do so, then we can rip their hearts out and say goodbye if they do not come through, and tell everyone what a bunch of useless persons they are.

Jim.
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank"
JimBo
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:20 pm

I also had a "chat" with Peter on the timetrialling forum where I started a thread about clothing suppliers. As Andy said he is most appologetic and seems determined to get it right. Peter has also offered the club a 15% discount on our next order.

I must admit that the responses from others on that forum concern me as there sems to be problems with most of the suppliers we have considered.

We could manage this by sending one of our new kits to Impsport and we get a bulk order together for the club and take the 15% discount.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby stu » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Iam a new member and i was wanting to get some kit.but i think you should give them one more chance and tell them that.
Anymore misshaps and thats it.
I think that if we move it will take a while to get setup with another company,before we know it the season will be over.
With regards to the current kit i think it looks great,but what about Ythan tartan arm warmers,or leg warmers.
The ball is now in the clubs court to do a better deal with the supplier,after all the hassel.Maybe some better pricess.
:geek: Stu fi peterhead.
stu
Fisher Price Trike

PreviousNext

Return to Club Clothing