Club Run March 15th

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Club Run March 15th

Postby Colin A » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 am

I've consulted the weather maharishi (BBC) and she says has checked the runes and proclaimed that there will be a slight breeze coming from the North East on Sunday morning but it will be dry. I suggest that we head off towards Stuartfield direction and then follow our nose till we get lost in the hinterland.

10am start at the Ellon swimming pool. Anyone who wants to do a longer ride can do a bit before hand or afterwards but be back at the pool at 10 to join in with the rest of the crowd.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Club Run March 15th

Postby John Hunter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 am

Count me in, Ill ride over and meet you there.

Leaving BOD about 9 if anyone would like to join me
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby ally_rowe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm

All apologies for my recent non attendance, I seem to have been offshore constantly since early December....

I'm away again this weekend but will hope to catch you all in a couple o'weeks. Have a good one 8-)
ally_rowe
Stabalizers

Postby Bill » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Ally, you gonna race this year? With all this offshore you must be able to buy a decent bike.
Bill
Maillot Vert

Postby John Hunter » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Well that was a bit soggy!! bike and me were covered in water and mud.

A mechanical problem took care of Colin, so he limped back with an afternoon to tinker.

So we soldiered on with just 6, Dave Mc, Blair, George, Alan. Dave I and Myself.

With Alan heading for home at Stuartfield ( I think ) the rest of us then turned to get the wind at our backs. I rode back to Ellon with Dave Mc, I couldnt keep up with him on the hills. sp 30 miles, so a very low average speed, but the effort into the wind and rain was a good work out.

Racing next weekend, so will see you when have a free weekend, cheers guys, good company!
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 am

Yep, My rear derailer thingy decided to have a wrestle with my rear wheel spokes. The spokes won convincingly. Limped home, got on the summer bike and went out again. I actually went up the same hill out of Ellon three times on Sunday.

It was a bit of a disaster this weekend for mechanical issues.

On Saturday
Simon broke a chain and had to phone home for emergency recovery.
Graham Blair had a puncture and tried to get the tyre off with comedy rubber tyre levers :lol:
David broke his chain and had to beg me for a lift home.

On Sunday
I shredded my Ultegra derailer. :cry:
and got my summer bike really messy :cry:

A sub group seem to have started a popular Saturday morning ride if anyone can't manage the Sunday rides. The pace is "gentlemanly" and it usually finished off witha bacon roll at the Church centre coffee shop. 0900hrs at the Ellon swimming pool start.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:41 am

you sure you didnt kick it into the spokes? so you could buy some more kit? :evil:
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Return to Ythan Club Runs