Club run 6th Mar

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Re: Club run 6th Mar

Postby Colin A » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 am

Just about right temperatures and hardly any wind was great to get out and do a decent road ride again. I was surprised with the weather more people weren't out. After we split at New Deer, Andre and George went straight back to Ellon through Auchnagatt. Dave and I headed up to Stuartfield. that lasted about a mile before Dave's immense power shattered his chain. Neither of us had a splitter so we had to wait for Brenda to arrive with a back up bike (the P3 isn't a bad back up bike). So on we soldiered. At this point we discovered that due to the better weather every farmer in the district was out spreading crap all over the road. Poor Dave was inconsolable to discover the state his beloved steed was getting in :( . Then I went through some mud and punctured so another delay while I struggled to try and keep clean and change the bloody thing.

Finally reached home at 2.15pm. A bit longer than I had expected and I was starving. It was one of those days when you felt like you could just keep going and going.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Ill be out on Sunday, pass stamped, Ill probably ride out if we meet at 10, not sure on daylight for earlier start

I need to get some longer 3-4 hour rides in before the sportives kick in, so about 30-40 miles with the club??
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Geo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Sounds like I made the right call at Auchnagatt then! Home at 1.30 after 55 miles and straight into the bacon rolls - great run, thanks guys
Geo
Stabalizers

Previous

Return to Ythan Club Runs