Sunday 14 November Not A Good Day for Karl

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Re: Sunday 14 November Not A Good Day for Karl

Postby John Hunter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:23 am

Claire

Please pass on my best wishes, having been in a similar place recently, I know how hard and frustrating it can be. Let him know that it wont last forever and he will be back on the bike smiling in the spring. I can vouch for the efficacy of a fine malt when it comes to sleeping and pain relief.

JH
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Chris S » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 am

Hope you get better soon Karl

Chris
Chris S
Raleigh Banana

Postby dougan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 am

Wasn't out as did solo due to another late night oot but sorry to hear about the dog incident, hope your back on the bike soon Karl. I got chased by a very fat lab yesterday - nearly caught me - failed fitness test! Been bitten by one on the New Aberdour coast road - came out from a farm with 'beware of the dog' sign haha, they were right enough.
dougan
Stabalizers

Postby The Loneys » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Karl is now at home - I've just doped him up with his painkillers and he's watching Spongebob with Adam! He's very sore and has to wear a sling for 2 weeks night and day. The Clavicle came unattached and apparently was sticking up from his shoulder like he'd sprouted a wing. Its gone back down a bit but the consultant wants to see Karl again in 2 weeks to see if its re attaching nicely. If not then they want to operate.
He thought he didn't bang his head but looking at his bike helmet he's sure glad he was wearing one.
Thanks to everyone who wishes him well.
Just maybe need a favour from someone..........would anyone be willing to come with me just to collect his bike...the guy that owned the dog and his mate were awful to Karl and could only say to him "you need to get out of the f'ing road mate before you get f'ing run over!" Not sure I want to meet these people alone! So if anyone can meet me somewhere near Fyvie or Methlick just so I can get the bike in the car would be fab. Know its AGM tonight but if anyone is free before then Karl would like to get his bike back today (typical cyclist wittering more about his bike than himself)
Karl says ... Colin you need to get a special Ythan club sling set that we can keep at ARI for the next one and mybe some logo'd PJ's or gown!
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby amcgill69 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi Claire, I can (quite literally) feel Karl's pain, having broken my own collarbone on Saturday! It sounds like those involved behaved appallingly. I was fortunate that a few locals took care of me although Inverurie Health Centre did themselves no favours by refusing to help me or call an ambulance. I'm back at the fracture clinic a week on Friday, so may see Karl there.

I'm now sporting a very fetching dark blue sling. It's a real bugger to sleep in.....

Ali
amcgill69
Grifter

Postby Nick_H » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Claire,

If you haven't had an offer to assit yet, I'd be more than happy to go along with you to retrieve the bike.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Nick.
Nick_H

Postby The Loneys » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Nick you have PM
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby JimBo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 pm

May I ask what may seem like a stupid question, but is there not something in the law about keeping dogs under control when next to a road. I saw a police car last week stop a dog owner who did not have the dog on a leash and it was next to a very busy main road.

Jim.
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank"
JimBo
Maillot Vert

Postby John Hunter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Claire you have PM
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Claire, glad to hear Karl is now home, hope his healing goes well.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

PreviousNext

Return to Ythan Club Runs