Sunday 1st August

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Sunday 1st August

Postby Colin A » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Usual club run this Sunday. 0900hrs at the Ellon pool. Light wind forecast from the North so I suggest a run up the coastal route with a nice breeze taking you home. Sorry I can't make it but look after any newbies guys.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Sunday 1st August

Postby Baldieheidit » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks to Fiona, Andy, Blair and Carl and family for their company today, I really enjoyed the run. I definately need to sort out my eating on the bike though as my energy levels were all over the place and I felt crappy half way round. Aaah well, at least you never heard me quietly sobbing as you were too far ahead!!

Cheers

Nick
Baldieheidit
Maillot Vert

Re: Sunday 1st August

Postby Andy D » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:15 pm

A really good run in less than ideal conditions - very moist!

31 miles at sedate(ish) pace, keeping everyone together reasonably well. Blair likes to give it stick in the hills (and crash into me if I have the cheek to go ahead of him!)

Prospective members out in force and one new one in Nick Thom (Baldiedit), who held his own (ooer, Mrs), the prospectives being Mike from Newburgh (forgot his second name) and the Lonie's from Stuartfield, amongst them 13 year old Zak, who is very very strong, especially in the hills. He comes from an MTB background but is finding the road to enlightenment with his new road bike, good lad.

Hope to see Zak and his Mum and Dad at future club runs or Ythan events, I think he will be coming to the Grampian Grand Prix, which will be good. Looks like we have a future with Liam and Zak and the longer established Ythan sprogs (QL's). Great stuff.

Really enjoyed that today, well worth coming out to Ellon for, thanks fellow club runners and well done to you all for sticking in, despite the wet weather.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Return to Ythan Club Runs