Club run fail

Where are WE going this weekend? Keep this to Ythan runs only please.

Club run fail

Postby Colin A » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 pm

sorry I didn't quite make it down to the club run this morning. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWVs1UB ... AAAAAAAAAA
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Club run fail

Postby JimBo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Ouch :shock: Hope you are feeling better, that's the trouble with helmetcam picks up everything, did you agonise about posting it, could go viral.....

Jim.
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank"
JimBo
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:43 pm

No there's a lesson to us all- never trust the council. they don't even bother to grit the steep hills round here. It was still slippy later when I was out with the car. Got to watch last week's Sherlock on iplayer while on he turbo this morning instead

Slight bump on my knee and elbow. Scraped shifters and a few holes in my nice Capo top - that 's the worst thing :( :( :(
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Dave H » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Ouch, Knockothie Brae is fairly dangerous in the cold weather, I did a 180 in my car once, just where you came off. I also came off my bike on hospital road, just around the corner, the police went by whilst I was doubled up in pain checking my arm was still working, but they didn't bother to stop.
Dave H
Grifter

Postby The Loneys » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Ouch :o . Great post though ....get yourself £250 on You've been Framed! :D
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby dave mac » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 pm

:lol:

Swim then turbo - much safer

Now watching dancing on ice for the second time today !!!!
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby ally_rowe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Ouch! Good landing though! 2 hands down and sliding...... 10/10

I looked at the frost and went running instead.........flamed Achilles tonight says I went too far :evil:

Sofa would have been the best choice ;)
ally_rowe
Stabalizers

Postby mike g » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Knew you shouldn't have had that 2nd pint of Guinness last night :lol:
mike g
BMX

Postby Geo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Good one Colin and brave to put it on the forum - you knew Dave Mac would comment!

Almost came a cropper myself though. Dry roads from Newburgh looked good but along the road to Pitmeddon there was a patch of about 20 yards of sheet ice, about an inch thick, where water had run from an adjacent house. Just managed to see it in time and got the bike into a rut which had been churned up by cars and manged to slow down without coming off. Very close call though. Unlike my misjudgement early in December where I hit a patch of ice around Newmachar and wasn't so lucky. Nothing damaged except my ego.

Just goes to show that in these cold temperatures and even although the roads look good, there are always the dodgy bits - water running off fields etc

I don't know what it is this winter. I think it is because it is relatively mild and you feel tempted, or that you should be doing something. Last winter, there was no choice but I think discretion shall be the better part of valour for the next few weeks. I might even have to dust off my turbo
Geo
Stabalizers

Postby Nebulous » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:46 am

That's quite a spectacular piece of video Colin. You did well to avoid more serious injury.

As somebody new to all of this I find it difficult to work out what the risks are. I've been heading out on the back roads to the West of Aberdeen on my own quite a lot over Christmas time and my wife is certainly concerned about whether it is sensible.

The club run was good - 5 of us out and we stuck to the main road to avoid the worst of the freeze and went to Cuminestown and back.
Nebulous
BMX

Next

Return to Ythan Club Runs