Haddo Race - Weather set fair

Moderator: Colin A

Haddo Race - Weather set fair

Postby megamouth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

8-) Weather looks to be excellent according to the forecast for Saturday so hope to have a great days racing. Also going to be medals (pretty superduper ones) for every competitor.

Remember to check your bikes over (soft tyres = slow & more chance of a puncture, nae brakes means you may end up in the bushes, crunchy gears, wobbly handlebars, wobbly seat etc are also best avoided by fixing them before you leave the house).

Also make sure you have a helmet (or no race :cry: ) and best bring gloves and glasses if you have them.

Bread for the ducks is optional and don't pick too many of the daffodils for mum, no matter how much you love her.

Looking forward to a great day tomorrow. :D :D :D
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Re: Haddo Race - Weather set fair

Postby Chris C » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks to Paul and all the Ythan helpers for a real fun race at Haddo today; I really enjoyed it and so did William. Would be great to see a series of these, I would be happy to help with sponsorship.
Chris C
Maillot Jaune

Re: Haddo Race - Weather set fair

Postby Colin A » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:41 pm

I think it was pitched at the right level for the kids.

Got this net from Grampian tigers secretary

"On a personal note, my two boys enjoyed the event today and appreciated the course and its variety of terrain (and the "cool" medals!). Many thanks to you, Paul and your various volunteers for a great day out.

Regards,

John D HARTLEY"

I think haddo is ideal for that and a many said would be a great venue for a cross race.

Perhaps we should look at another one towards the end of the next batch of sessions.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to QL Race News