24 March

Moderator: Colin A

24 March

Postby The Loneys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Everyone

Dave Duggan a down hill mountain biker is coming along at 09:30 on Saturday, he's bringing along his down hill bikes to the QL session for the Quines and Loons to have a sit on and have a go at if they want.

He'll also take down his safety gear etc for a Q&A session too.

So if you want to see Dave and his bikes, be there for 09:30 Otherwise the usual session will be 10:00-11:00. Unlikely to be a ride out afterwards as some of the group will be saving their legs for the Presentation Time Trial on Sunday!

Any questions please ask.

Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Re: 24 March

Postby Russ » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby The Loneys » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Great to see so much going on. The visit by Dave and his Downhill bikes certainly drew in a crowd from beyond the QL. Thanks to Dave for coming along and also to Russ for arranging it.

Whats more pleasing is to see the numbers swelling too. 17 riders today , Mike, Michael and Karl taking part in the skills session too. Today we had another 3 new recruits so its looking like we will have an increase from 9 regular QL to 15 or so.

Which brings me onto my next bit, anyone who would like to come along to either take part in the training sessions is very welcome. Because we have such a split in ability we have to break the group into 2, so we are in need of more helpers just to assist and be there. No coaching (unless you would like to be a level 1 coach - if so please get in touch!) just to be there to help set up cones, take the younger kids to the park, accomapaby to the loos etc.

So if you can help out please feel free to come along to any session 10:00-11:00 Ellon Community Centre Car Park.
Thanks
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Photos

Postby Carol » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Photos taken at today's QL Session, dont know how to put the photos in reverse, flicker always displays the last one taken first.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33824028@N ... 293234316/
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Cracking fotos there carol, I think your photography is beginning to come on now! has Nick been teaching you not to take pictures of people with their hands in their pockets?
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to QL Training Sessions