Fundraising

Fundraising

Postby The Loneys » Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Hope that most of you are aware that we are needing more coaches to help to progress the QL section and to ease the pressure on Pete and Chris.

I've put in an application for funding for coaches rather than the coaches to have to pay for themselves, but most funding sources want to see the club raising its own funds which we have started to do slowly.

As part of the Cyclefest and Youth races on Sunday I was wanting to run a tombola stall at our stand/sign-on point. I am slowly trudging around shops to get stuff to give away but its a bit time consuming and slow. So here's how you can join in with our efforts and help make the tombola a success.

If any of you are attending either training on Saturday or the Cyclefest on Sunday or see Colin or anyone else whose going to be there on Sunday could I ask you on behalf of the QL to donate something that can be put on the tombola stand, you know the usual stuff, bottle of wine, chocolates, bubble bath, cycle related stuff, vouchers etc.

I have put a target of raising £50 in this tombola so hope to manage that sum. If you don't donate then would appreciate you passing us by and having a go!

Many Thanks
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Re: Fundraising

Postby Chris S » Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 am

I'll have a dig about and see if I have anything that can be donated

Chris
Chris S
Raleigh Banana

Postby Graham19 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 pm

will bring a selection off stuff with me on sunday
Graham19
Raleigh Banana

Postby The Loneys » Wed May 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Fantastic Stuff :D :D

Keep them coming.

Just to let you all know that I put in a bid to Aberdeenshire Council Area Top up fund that went to Formartine Area Committee yesterday, to ask for money to put towards either Ride Leaders or other coaching. We were awarded £1000 so funds are starting to roll in, hopefully we'll get more funds, more coaches, more loan bikes and more kids!

Ythan QL are going places! ;)
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Return to Other QL News