Circuit School of Racing March 19th Kelso Showground

Circuit School of Racing March 19th Kelso Showground

Postby The Loneys » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Message From Mark McKay

I and a team of coaches will be running a Scottish School of Circuit Racing at Kelso Showground next month...

SPRINGWOOD PARK, KELSO, TD5 8LS
This event will happen on *Saturday March 19th between 10am and 5pm (final timings tbc).

I am inviting applications from Youth A, B & C riders wishing to attend this event. Please contact me via email to apply for this event and include details of your racing plans for the months of April, May & June. Please apply by Friday March 4th.

There are limited spaces available for this *School of Racing, so I will be prioritising places for riders who are showing a commitment to as full a program of bike racing as possible with their application!

*The Skinny Tyres Series starts 2 weeks later don’t forget!!!

Successful applicants will be informed of their place on the School by Tuesday March 8th.Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark
Mark McKay
British Cycling Olympic Talent Coach - Scotland
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Re: Circuit School of Racing March 19th Kelso Showground

Postby isobel smith » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

As the season is about to start and there seems to be a few youths and juniors about can I suggest that the gear restrictions re youth and junior racing are followed. Bar and record times ( locally and nationally )will not be considered if
not within the rules.
Gears are measured before the rider starts and if a National record is achieved have to be remeasured at the finish.
Best of luck this season to the young ones.
Isobel
isobel smith
Maillot Jaune

Re: Circuit School of Racing March 19th Kelso Showground

Postby Andy D » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Well said Isobel and quite right.

I would hope the coaches will have covered this and helped get the gearing sorted on all potential youth/junior racers' bikes as it is a right faff at a race having to try to tinker with bikes and sort the gearing etc - please get it measured and ready prior to showing up to a race, it will make it a lot less stressful for the rider and makes for less messing about for organisers and officials.

There is little point anyway in riding on non-restricted gearing in training if you can't use it in racing. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Enjoy the racing when it comes, I know I am looking forward to another successful Ythan and Ythan QL season in 2011.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Return to Other QL News