Maint Evening

Maint Evening

Postby Colin A » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:24 pm

BIKE STATION CYCLE MAINTENANCE EVENING

http://www.bike-station.uk.com/home.shtml

"To finish first - first you have to finish"

We all know that there is no point training the body if the bike fails within the last few yards of a sprint.
Bike Station in Inverurie are putting on a cycle maintenance evening for Ythan QL members and their parents. Professional bike mechanic, seriously fast racer and all round good guy, Colin Duncan, will host the evening.

The evening will be on 19th January at 6.30 pm. The session will go into cycle care, basic maintenance and equipment so that you can keep your bike in tip top condition and ensure that it doesn't let you down at that crucial moment.

The cost will be £5 per person.

Places are limited so please let me know if you can attend as soon as possible.

Thanks

Colin A
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Maint Evening

Postby The Loneys » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:14 pm

I take it all the QL's can maintain their own bikes then as only a few of them have committed to the evening. Maybe we should be testing those that are not attending!
On the serious side I would recommend that the QL squad do consider signing up to this event as there may come a time when you need to maintain your own bike if you're out alone or with your mates! If anyone needs a lift over I will be taking Zak and Adam so I have room for another with us! Just let me know.
It would also be interesting to know if the date, time or location is not convenient or is there just no interest in this session? If you don't want to make your views known on the forum you can Private Message me and I can pass on your thoughts.
Thanks
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 am

Claire, I can appreciate your frustration but can also understand why there are not many takers. We have just started out with the QL and at the age many of our kids are at, cycling is a second sport to them……and they are just trying it out. Many have commitments meantime with other sporting clubs. Wednesday is the main Football training night for the Meadows and Colony and likewise Ellon Pool have lessons that night. Its difficult for kids and their parents to fit everything in and a much a we as a Club would want to encourage the cycling and make us the “bestest club ever” (what my son said about the Dons when he was 8) we will just have to be prepared to offer what we can and let them decide what to do.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Chris S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:22 am

How did the maintenance evening go then?
Chris S
Raleigh Banana

Postby The Loneys » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:38 pm

A very good session Adam and Zak (and me) now know what they should be doing to keep their bike in tip top condition. The proof will be when they get a problem or after they have had a ride will they get Karl to repair/service or clean it, or will they now do it themselves?

We had a full turnout of 12 in the end and was great to see the course well supported. :D
A big thanks to Colin and Bike Station for hosting it.
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Return to Other QL News