Indoor training sessions

Indoor training sessions

Postby Colin A » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Next Saturday's training session will be indoors in room CR1 at the Ellon community centre. Turbo trainers will be buzzing

We were really lucky with the weather for the outdoor sessions (eight dry Saturdays in a row). Hopefully next year's sessions will be as sunny.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Indoor training sessions

Postby The Loneys » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:29 pm

You know what they say the sun always shines on the righteous! (is that spelling correct?)

No seriously an excellent series of sessions that was certainly enjoyed by Zak and Adam and I'm sure by all that turned up too. Well done and a big thanks to both Chris and Peter. :D
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Peeing with rain this morning but the club were indoors :D

Good traing on the turbos from the youth squad despite Stevie Argo beaking my pump, Peter slagging my turbo musak and Craig imitating his Dad and falling off the turbo :lol: .

How did the guys who went to Edinburgh get on?
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby The Loneys » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:52 pm

The Guys got cold and wet in the morning and colder and wetter in the afternoon. :cry: There were about 40 kids in the Youth A and B group not sure how many in the C and D Group.

It was an excellent session with empasis on group riding using chaingangs as the pacemekers and Devil races behind. Mark the coach was excellent too giving the riders some valuable coaching on group riding using various techniques . He also gave them a good motivation speech on diet, training and knowing your gears in terms of sprockets rather than gear 1 -10 and chain wheel 1,2 or 3.

It was amazing to see the groups keeping together very tight, riding at several points 4 abreast on a road barely 2 metres wide. :shock:

Unfortunately there were a few falls and broken bikes, a few riders with holes in their clothes and cuts and bruises but NO broken or detached collar bones!

It was good to see 3 Ythan guys there. Good also to get the club known - 1 guy said to me that he thought Ythan club were from Wales! (because of the odd name sounded Welsh to him).

Mark said at the end it was good to see Zak and would look forward to training him again which pleased Zak no end! Not sure what feed back the others received as I never caught up with the others it was too cold and wet to hang around all we wanted to do was get that car heater on full blast and head off home!

Thanks to Colin for noticing this training and getting Ythan QL on the radar.
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm

You gotta admire the sprogs battling through the snow and ice just so they can watch their parents stuggle to get enough sets of working turbos together. :lol: Peter is ceratinly putting them through their paces. I reckon we will have some much stronger and faster riders next year. Peter has said he is willing to keep the trubo sessions going after the winter festival holidays.
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Indoor training session 15 January

Postby The Loneys » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Just a reminder that there is a session at Ellon Community Centre on Saturday 15th January at 10 am with Chris.
Remember to bring a front wheel riser (phone book or similar), towel and water.
Thanks
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 pm

It was good to see 8 youths returning to start the year at yesterday's turbo session in the Community Centre. All very enthusiastic and keen to get training for the 2011 season. A couple of fall offs on the rollers but nothing too serious! Hopefully they will continue every week with the sessions and I wish them all good luck with the coming season when they decide to race.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Chris S » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

Colin has asked me to step in for Peter this Saturday (22nd) so will be doing a sprinting session building on the pedalling techniques that were hopefully picked up last week. Feel free to use turbo/rollers, whatever is comfy but sprints will be hard going and riders should be pushing themselves out the saddle so on that note a turbo or fixed wheel roller may be a better option to reduce the risks of the session.

Any parents that want to join in for this (good fitness session at the same time) can feel free to come along - should be able to take up to 12 riders in the room we have - usually have around eight

Chris
Chris S
Raleigh Banana

Return to Other QL News