Ellon Go-ride Crit race 5th September

Ellon Go-ride Crit race 5th September

Postby Colin A » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi folks,

Sorry about the short notice regarding this race.

On Sunday the 5th of September Ellon town centre will be closed off for a pedal car race. The organiser of the pedal car race has kindly allowed Ythan CC to run a Go-Ride event on the closed roads. See the link for course details.

It is hoped that if there is enough interest we can run an under 10, under 12 & under 14 race. The races will be run on the day by Ewan Murray the regional coach.

If this years races are successful we will be able to run longer events in 2011.

If anyone would like to take part in the race I would be grateful if you could contact myelf through the forum.

This is a great opportunity to generate interest in cycle racing in the North East using a dedicated closed road away from the traffic and hopefully will lead to bigger things next year. The racing should be a fun as the ones at the Grampian Grand Prix.

I think the races will start about 11.30 but I will get confirmation of that next week and e-mail all those that have responded.

Road bikes and mountain bikes can be used on the circuit but all cycles must be in a roadworthy condition.

Hopefully after the race you can stick around and watch the pedal car racing, live music etc that will also be going on in Ellon.

Link to Ellon pedal car race website:

http://www.ellonpedalcar.co.uk/

If all goes well we will run a full senior crit race on the course in 2011.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Ellon Go-ride Crit race 5th September

Postby isobel smith » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Hope it's a good day. Sorry I can't help . Got a bowling match at 2pm so doing my own thing (apart from bikes). Can't let the team down. They need their skip.
Isobel
isobel smith
Maillot Jaune

Re: Ellon Go-ride Crit race 5th September

Postby The Loneys » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi Colin
Both Zak and Adam would like to have a go at this next weekend. Hope there is enough interest.
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Return to Other QL News