Aden Park Family Cycle Event 18 March Help Wanted

Postby The Loneys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi everyone,

There is a family cycle event being held at Aden Park on 18 March see link below.

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/news/re ... ewsID=2349

Whilst I know that some of you (including Zak and Karl - Karl is not riding but taking Zak) are cycling the Corrieri Classic, I was looking for some lovely willling volunteers to help me with a publicity stall for the duration of the event.
It will be an ideal opportunity to let people know that there is a kids cycling club in the area and that we are actively seeking new members, especially girls.
Just need to stand there and look like we are an interesting active and friendly club and take questions on what we are all about. I'm aiming to get Adam to help me and I may get his bike and Turbo along so potential new members can see what a road bike is like.

If I get enough support for this I will run my favourite activity of you've guessed it a Tombola to raise funds for the QL. So maybe asking for donations again.

If you feel you can't help me then perhaps you would like to take part in the ride with your with your family and your Ythan Top on instead.

Thanks
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Re: Aden Park Family Cycle Event 18 March Help Wanted

Postby scotty1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:39 am

Hi Claire,
I can help you out on this one. I've got a pair of Adidas predator football boots you can use at the tombola and some Nike shin pads aswell if you want them never worn.

Paul s
scotty1
BMX

Postby Colin A » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Shin pads!! Sounds like this tombola can get a bit rough. i think I have a gumshield somewhere you can borrow Claire :lol:
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Bondie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi Claire,

I feel kinda obliged to help, living so near to the Park and walking the dogs there nearly everyday.
Not sure I could help for the duration though. I think Lisa and Kathy might be cycling from Peterhead to Mintlaw and I'll drive them to Peterhead for the start.
How long are you likely to be there?

I've also got some prizes I could donate to the Tombola if you wanted.

It'll mean I can't go out on the club run however, which is good (any excuse is a good excuse).
I'll just have to put in the miles on the Monday instead, (luxury of working offshore).
Let me know the details and I'll do what I can.
Bondie
Grifter

Postby The Loneys » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for the offers of Tombola stuff. Decided not to have one. Paul and Yvonne Winter gave me a great idea that they've run before with success.

Going to have a Sprint Competition on the Turbo instead. :twisted:
See who can get the furthest on the Turbo in 1 minute. U16, U14 and U12 both girls and boys categories.
£1.00 per go with prize of free club membership for 2012 - and maybe something else if I can get my act together!
That way we identify fast riders who can potentially be good club competitive riders of they want to work on it.
Any help whatsoever, in terms of time spared to give me and Adam a hand, would be great. Thanks for the offers so far. :D We'll be located near the cafe at Aden Park - top spot!
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Postby The Loneys » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 pm

For those who have volunteered to help with this event, firstly may I say a huge thank you. :D :D
The event organiser would like the stall set up by 09:30. I will be on site by 08:45 and as I'm such a short person :evil: I could do with help at this early stage in the day to put the gazebo up (and after 4pm to take it back down again). Adam is helping me but as he's not much taller we may struggle just a wee bit with the height of the gazebo.
We will be in the courtyard by the cafe, next to Duncan's Cycles.
Hope to see you there as rider in the event, helper, passerby or having a shot to beat the record for who can go furthest on the mountain bike on the turbo in 1 minute.
Thanks again
Claire
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Return to Other QL News