Regular mtb rides?

Mountain Bike section for those who like Knobbly Tyres

Regular mtb rides?

Postby Andy Scouller » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi all,

First post!
I was wondering if there were any regular mtb'ers, I try to get out a least twice a week and was looking to into racing.
I was hoping there may be members who are in a similar position.
I normally ride at kirkhill and Pitfichie and have just discovered the coastal trail from Cruden bay to Boddam.
If there are regular meeting I would be interested in coming along

Andy
Andy Scouller
Raleigh Banana

Re: Regular mtb rides?

Postby Russ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am

Hello,

We've a few keen mtbrs in the club but nothing regular. Post up here when you're heading out. Planning on a early trip to Fochabers on Sat with the idea of catching some of our testers at Elgin on the way home.

Re racing I'm doing some of the xc series (R2 & 3) this year and looking for riders for the Corrie challenge if you fancy it?

Russ
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy Scouller » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Russ,

i'm working this Saturday so planning to go out on sunday instead, what are the monster trails like up at fochabers, I've had a look on line but never been up that neck of the woods.

I was planning on doing round 3 of the sxc as I have been desperate to get down to Cathkin Braes, I have a few friends in Glasgow who keep going on about how good it is, so if you want company for that one I would be happy to join you.

The Corrie challange looks interesting, need to find out a bit more about it before I commit to it :D

I stay in Cruden Bay so if you ever fancy an evening cycle now the light nights are here give me a shout.

Andy
Andy Scouller
Raleigh Banana

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 am

Russ wrote:Hello,

We've a few keen mtbrs in the club but nothing regular. Post up here when you're heading out. Planning on a early trip to Fochabers on Sat with the idea of catching some of our testers at Elgin on the way home.

Re racing I'm doing some of the xc series (R2 & 3) this year and looking for riders for the Corrie challenge if you fancy it?

Russ

Hi Russ,

I'd be interested in joining you on Saturday if that's ok, what time are you going up there for and which trail?

Thanks

Richard
Richard
Stabalizers

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 am

No probs, more the merrier.

Don't have to be out so early on Sat so say a 1000 start? Was going to use the car park off the A98. My number is 07972794502.

Russ
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm

is that a 10am start from Ellon or Fochabers?

Thanks

Richard
Richard
Stabalizers

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

1000 at Fochabers is the plan.
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:32 am

Hi Russ,

Having just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow I think I'll give it a miss.

Thanks

Richard
Richard
Stabalizers

Postby Russ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:00 pm

good ride today - sun even made an appearance at parts, getting cold again though.

racing next weekend, then down to the borders the week after but weekend 27th/28th April will arrange a meet up.
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy Scouller » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Weather looked cracking on Saturday, was out at Kirkhill today and was really surprised how good the conditions were. I'm planning to go out on Wednesday evening after work I anyone is interested, prob kirkhill again.
Andy Scouller
Raleigh Banana

Next

Return to Mucky Stuff