D LONDRAGON RR

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

D LONDRAGON RR

Postby malcolm » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Not a great day for Ythan. Russ pulled out prior to the start after working hard yesterday at the TT, Andy was out due to the changes with 4th cats not getting to ride. That left Bill and myself lining up in the cold at Knockburn. 57 of a field and essentially a Super 6 standard race without having the name.

The new course was a circuit based around Strachan and the base of Cairn o'Mount. Headwind from the north west, slight tail up the climb then windy on the back section although the trees helped.

No surprise in a fastish start but the section of road between Strachan and Feughside was a bit tight for the whole bunch. Everything stayed together until the left turn then it exploded with the tail wind up the hill. I got dropped here and Bill got dropped shortly after the hill. I ploughed on with Laura Murray for a bit but by the time we went through Strachan what had been an annoying tickle in my throat was now a chesty cough and a high HR and a sign to pack it in. Laura kept going and despite being lapped rode to the finish.

Keith Smith took the win I think with Ross Creber 3rd. Local interest was confined to the bunch with great rides from Keith Robertson, Bob Brown and Sean M. Veli had an off day, Liam hung in until just after halfway or so.

Nice location at Knockburn and the circuit was ok too but a bit risky at times with traffic but which course isn't nowadays.

Only complaint, as always is the retention of RR licences until the finish. Before anyone quotes the rules, its a long wait if you puncture,crash, fall ill, etc after one or two laps and have to wait over 2 hours to get away. The days of paper licences have gone and everything is computerised via Manchester so why a pre race check isn't enough I'm not sure. No doubt someone will say its for insurance.

Thanks to Ali and GCRT, the May RR should be good if its on the same course with better weather.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: D LONDRAGON RR

Postby colinS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Also well done to Chris Whittle and Will Crawford of DTCC, who I believe also finished in the main bunch. In fact well done to all who finished as it was bad enough marshalling in those conditions, must have been tough to race in.
The wheel in front belongs to you - Don't lose it!
colinS
Maillot Vert

Postby malcolm » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Yeah, see that Chris had a 5th place in the Jack Murray RR in Dunfermline yesterday.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby skeener » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Well done to Steve Macintosh on his first win of the Dick Londragon RR trophy
skeener
Stabalizers

Postby isobel smith » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:17 am

Must apologise to Steve for not mentioning that at the prize giving.. I was so cold, I couldn't think.
Well done to all who competed. Isobel
isobel smith
Maillot Jaune

Return to The Blue Final