Strathpuffer 2010

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Re: Strathpuffer 2010

Postby Adam Robson » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:45 am

Bill,

You could have done so much better if you had some leg hair, thats the secret to mtb.....

I would be up for trying this next year, I always think about it but end up forgetting to enter!
Adam Robson
BMX

Postby Bill » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm

I would race it again in an Ythan team, but only if were serious and out for a top 3 spot..And Adam, I don't shave my legs until March ;)
Bill
Maillot Vert

Postby IanAdams » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:01 am

Saw a certain Mr Dallas last night on the adventure show. The Ythan top stood out nicely against the crowd.

I am disappointed however that you did not take the chance on your last lap to promote the club to the cameras, a hello join Ythan CC at www.ythancc.org.uk would have been good, given the circumstances though I'll let you off ;)
IanAdams
Stabalizers

Postby Colin A » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 am

Missed it last night. I was still out training in the dark and snow or watching "prancing on ice", I can't remember which. Anyone know if it is going on I-player?
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby snail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Found one on i-player, but could be last year's - wouldn't play on school machines - they're steam driven! Bill seemed to be the cleanest rider every time you saw him - how many tops does he have?! Maybe he just did the filming! They are all mad - what a kirn! :shock:
snail
Stabalizers

Postby Bill » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Jeanette, well spotted, having done this race before I did indeed take a clean set of kit for every lap, great idea till you get it home, it was so caked in mud that I had to clean it off in a bucket of water in the garden before I was able to put it all in the washing machine.

I did watch the West Highland Way Race Adventure show episode last year on the BBC website so it may be on there at some point.

I heard a rumour this weekend that you were returning to the race scene fresh from your Ythan spoting success...No secrets are kept in the Ellon Tescos ;)
Bill
Maillot Vert

Postby snail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Very, very long, and uphill, training regime necessary! Excited already! You're right, Tesco is the place to go - I meet an Ythanite on almost every visit!

BTW - Kay already wittering on about the Ythan "Sportif" - any ideas?
snail
Stabalizers

Postby John Hunter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Bill, just watching it now, nutter!!

re sportif.... how about riding from Inverness to John O Groats one day, train back next after a good meal etc??
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Previous

Return to The Blue Final