Cawdor APR

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Cawdor APR

Postby malcolm » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 pm

File and forget this one as a DNF. Didn't and haven't felt 100% and went there for the race miles. I was dropped, partly on a voluntary basis at the end of Lap 1. I think its great that we have full fields but folk turning up to APRs and putting the burners on from the gun just means your group gets caught earlier especially on a lumpy course and its harder to stay with the group that catches you because your legs are spent. Its not complicated. Remonstrated politely a few times but to no avail and on the short climb before the start of Lap 2 I slowed up because the pattern had been set. Rode 3 laps in total and watched with little surprise as Group 4 prepared to catch Group 3 (my group) after only 1 lap. Will post results when they come out, only Ythan rider today amongst heaps of DTCC and MFCC and other NOSCA clubs.

Many thanks to Kenny Riddle for a safe and well marshalled course.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Cawdor APR

Postby malcolm » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

Results here http://www.mfcc.org.uk/cawdor-10tt-and-apr-results/

As I thought my group was blitzed and the ones who were going too fast were clearly in the wrong group as they managed to beat some of the scratch group. I think we've said it heaps of times on here, riders need to be honest to organisers and themselves and offer to be in the right group. Now with points for APRs those riders who sneak into slower groups just to get a placing will get a shock when they are suddenly a 3rd Cat and can't road race at 4th Cat.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Return to The Blue Final