Beach Cross - Irvine

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Beach Cross - Irvine

Postby Russ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:28 pm

'Just ride it' was the first thing I heard when when I arrived on the course, the next thing I heard was that noise you make when you watch someone ride a rail and the bike/board slips - the drawing of air in over many teeth. Looking down in the monstrous chasm that was the big dipper - said rider that was told to 'just ride it', didn't it seems, and may have grabbed some front brake.

The big dipper and the sand dune two of the features from Walkers Cycles event today, part of the Scottish Cyclocross series. I'm still grinning from the big dipper in fact the whole course was great, a couple of off camber sections, the sand, a tough up hill bike carry (although I'm pretty sure I saw at least one riding it), lots of ups and downs.

The support round the course was cracking, it was a cold day to be out but lots of people offering support especially through the sand, hope there are some photos somewhere as there were lots of people snapping away. I need to work big style on the fitness front but I'm sure it'll find its way back - wilted again over the piece- practice more cross mounts and dismounts plus sharpen the elbows for the start.

Thanks have to go to the Walkers Cycles team who made the course so enjoyable and have the sign-on/chip hand out/hand in super smooth. Only downside is one of the riders being taken off in an Ambulance at the end of the vets race - not good.

Next up is a Cooper/Scouller/Craig trip to Lochore, good fun this cross malarky.
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Re: Beach Cross - Irvine

Postby Andy Scouller » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Was watching vids from last years race, looks cracking! Really looking forward to next week, skinny tyres are on and new rear mech and shifter fitted, we're cooking with gas now!!!!!
Andy Scouller
Raleigh Banana

Re: Beach Cross - Irvine

Postby Andy Scouller » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Andy Scouller
Raleigh Banana

Return to The Blue Final