Grantown Try-Tri

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Grantown Try-Tri

Postby Dave H » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 am

Grantown-on-Spey Try-Tri was my final race of the season, phew, seven in total for 2013

This a brilliant race if you fancy trying attempting your first triathlon. It’s well-organised; family orientated and set in stunning surroundings. The weather is always good for some reason too.

The race involves, 300m swim in a 20m pool, 16km cycle and 3 mile run.

Last year I came 2nd and the year before 3rd, so I was hoping for a first place this time.

My swim was fairly average in 5:32min, not helped by a small disaster beforehand when my goggle straps snapped when putting them on. I exited the swim in around 15th place ran through transition (32 secs), collected my bike and hopped on like John Wayne. I managed to catch and overtook most of the other competitors in the first 1 or 2 miles and caught the leader in around 4 miles. I averaged 23.5 mph for the hilly course (27:52mins). Into transition, I racked my bike and put my running shoes on (again in 32 secs) and started the run. The run is and out and back along forest trails, which I completed in 16:30 mins (5.5 min/miles). I crossed the line in 51 mins, attempting to high five people on the run in. My wife told me if I hadn’t of high fived people then I would have got sub-51 mins, haha.

A good day oot.
Dave H
Grifter

Re: Grantown Try-Tri

Postby Dave H » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 am

Oh I forgot to mentioned I won :D
Dave H
Grifter

Postby dave mac » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Well done Dave - great way to finish 2013 :D

Of course the only reason you had great weather -I didn't enter ;)
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Dave M has promised to keep away from all events next year which involve Ythan members so we have a good chance of fair weather. Well done that man.

And well done Dave Horne. Another cracking result.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Yeah I agree, it was Dave Mac's fault there was a headwind on Sunday at Ellon, even though he wasn't racing I saw him spinning about Ellon with his kit on. He must have headed out at 10am because the wind started blowing then and there was no wind at sign on time.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Return to The Blue Final