Ellon Crit

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Ellon Crit

Postby malcolm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Well done to all the QL riders who rode today. Once again big improvements techinically and racewise, all that hard work paid off.

Jordan produced the ride of the day, stuck to the plan perfectly and was in a position to win with 100 metres to go. 3rd place is a great result and after such a hard race credit to the three of them for sprinting it out, all came down to who could push the max gear fastest. Hamish also showed he is getting stronger, big improvement since Cyclefest and both should head to the National Championships next week confident in what they can do.

Lewis also rode a great race in the Bs, again he was right up there for the bunch sprint, more racing next year and the strength to get up to the front will come.

All the younger ones had a great time, as per my media prediction last week, Elliot came up with the goods in the E race and what a ride by Fraser in the Ds, first race, driving the break and only losing out to a more experienced rider.

Congratulations to Colin for another great event. Only thing missing was Mr Duncan's commentary, hopefully he will be back next year.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Ellon Crit

Postby Andy D » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 am

Sounds like it was good as ever, sorry to have missed it but I was down south reinforcing my love (for time trials....oh, and the wife!!).

Glad all went well and with all being equal I should return next year (or maybe we need an up and coming mc to step up and put me into retirement!?!)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Return to The Blue Final