Petrex Cup RR/ADCA Champs

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Petrex Cup RR/ADCA Champs

Postby malcolm » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Many thanks to John Hunterand all the Wheelers for putting on tonights road race at Midmar. Without a doubt the best pre race manual this year.

Hard night again tonight but Bill Bavidge and myself both finished. Fast start from the off and I made a jump with Veli and Martin Lonie to try and bridge to the the early break but we didn't get across. Managed to get up and down the bunch tonight a few times and it was much safer up front than at the back. Had another go at bridging to the break near Garlogie but barely got a few metres away. Tailwind back to Linton from Westhill and at the left hander back to Midmar, both Bill and myself got stuck behind a rider whose legs had gone and went into the corner behind him and we both got dropped. Bill managed to latch onto a small group but after my earlier digs I was happy to TT round the second lap.

Not sure who won as I had to head off.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Petrex Cup RR/ADCA Champs

Postby bbavidge » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 am

A well organised event. Wheelers cleaned up with Simon Van Bellen taking individual win & part of their 3 man team.

Dug in when the peleton split on the climb through narrow roads but couldn't get back to the main group. Felt like I did a fair bit of work on the closing stretch only to be pipped by fresher legs of a few others on the climb second time round.

First RR for me but thoroughly enjoyed it. No incidents of note apart from some hustling & bustling in the pack. Good to see Malcolm mixing it early on. Climb sorted out the big boys from the rest.
bbavidge
Stabalizers

Return to The Blue Final