ADCA Evening RR No 2

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

ADCA Evening RR No 2

Postby malcolm » Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Just home from watching the second evening road race on the Fetternear/Burnhervie/Blairdaff circuit. I withdrew at lunchtime as I haven't done enough racing or riding to do it justice and although I would prefer to race I'm glad I missed tonight as it was brutal stuff.

Lap 1- I went to the top of the Blairdaff climb and it was David Anderson from GCRT who had about 10 seconds on the main bunch. Zak was sitting 3rd with Craig comfortable at the tail end. After that it was dribs and drabs with about 15 riders already distanced.

Lap 2- Moved down the hill to Broadsea Farm, which has a nasty little rise from the Burnhervie road. The wind,as predicted by Col D this afternoon, was fierce. My car was even getting buffeted at the side of the road so you can imagibe what the riders were facing. Once again David Anderson was away but this time he had teammate Brian Duncan and Martin Lonie with him, with a 15 second gap to the thinned out bunch. Zak was at the back of the bunch but looked fine.

Craig was about 90 seconds down in a group of 5 or so.

Lap 3- went across to the start line where Graham and Claire were. Through the finish line onto the penultimate lap and it was all together. Craig was now a few minutes back but was with another rider. We think Tony French then came through but with everyone wearing winter gear it was tricky to spot riders.

Graham, Claire and myself the cut across to the descent to Blairdaff. Anderson was clear by a few seconds followed by Zak, Bob Brown and one other rider. About 30 seconds later the bunch came through then the same drip feed of the rest including Craig who was now alone but working hard.

Finish Lap 4- By now it was freezing cold, driving rain and getting darker. David Anderson appeared first and soloed to record a second win in a row in this race for GCRT following Craig Wallace's exhibition ride last year. Zak's three man group had been caught at the start of the Fetternear straight. Zak took 5th and that's all I got. Craig got round and finished and although I didnt see Tony I don't think he would have been far behind.

A nice way for Zak to sign off from Ythan and another good finish for Craig especially during exam time. Credit to everyone who got round tonight.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Return to The Blue Final