1st Steve McIntosh Granite City RT 22:14
2nd Sean Monaghan Granite City RT 22:34
3rd Peter Alexander MFCC 22:40

Other locals:

5th Ian Humphrey DTCC 23:17
11th Norman Skene 23:47
15th Malcolm Grant Ythan 24:35
17th Calum Cowie DTCC 24:57
21st Colin Allanach (AKA The Brahn Seer as he knew what was going to happen at Pittodrie and a headwind at Kinloss was more attractive) Ythan 26:01
25th George Findlater Elgin CC 26:59
30th Eq Jenny Nicholson DTCC 28:11
33rd Chantel Clark DTCC 28:26 (after riding to the start from home!)
45th Liam Monaghan Ythan 32:23

The usual excellent hospitality from Forres, the cakes even had FCC iced on the top, class!
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Bill & Chrissie Stuart Memorial 10TT Forres 01/05

Postby Colin A » Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Hard first half then bursting to get back at fast as possible. I had to miss the cakes to get home to see total wipeout, Far more entertaining than what was on show at Todders apparently. At least it wasn't a cup semi as per the last time I was up there. I still have mental scars from that day. That's a course PB for me. quite happy with that. Thanks for getting the fishal results Malc.

I'm going to miss the Killie game on Wednesday as well as I'll be helping with the sprogs. I think Calderwoods men will beat us to put that git Pressley downwards to level where the odious creature deserves to be.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Sat May 01, 2010 6:57 pm

No, thats down to UCI Official Al Sutton who had a printer churning out results!

Happy with today, if I had pushed a bit more on the way out it could have been sub 24 but likewise it might have been too much into the headwind and not enough to get back fast enough. Just concentrated on my cadence, if I can keep the same rpm and bump up to 53/14 or 13 on the rises I should be able to get below 24 in a few weeks. Had to use 53/15 on the rises but the return leg was ace, something like 10 minutes to get back. Was only below 30mph for about 3/4mile of the last 5.

Liam did another good ride, just under four minutes off Lewis Lyall who was first youth and a bit older than Liam.

Great rides from Steve Mac and Sean.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Sun May 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Good rides from the Ythan representatives, well done lads, seems like the speed is creeping up for you Mal. that won't do your RR efforts any harm. Liam is progressing well and as he grows he will get that bit stronger for these difficult windy days. Glad to see Colly Allanach seeing sense and riding his bike and finishing with about as many minutes as the Duds at the Hill of Dung have accrued points or goals over the whole season - good lad.

Credit to the GCRT boys those are fast times and impressive to beat Peter Alexander down into 3rd place.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Return to The Blue Final