Scottish Cycling National Track League Wednesday 10 October

All race reports and results featuring Ythan Members

Scottish Cycling National Track League Wednesday 10 October

Postby The Loneys » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:15 pm

The very first competitive racing at the new Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome started on Wednesday 10 October. The session started at 6.00pm with the racing blasting off at 7.00pm with the Youth Scratch race.

20+ Youth A and B riders were set off in the 10 lap Scratch race with a neutral lap with me starting at the back. During the neutral lap, I came round to the front controlling the race with Sean Noon, a few riders tried to attack but they were soon brought back by the group. 1 lap to go Sean got the jump on me, but I ran out of time to come back at him. It was all over before you knew it on this fast track. Sean finished in 1st place and I got 2nd place.

The 20 lap Points Race. Not the best start for me, a bit of confusion on the laps and poor positioning meant no points from the first sprint. Learning from my mistakes I made sure I was at the front for the next sprint. I went first and led the sprint lap to win the second sprint. On the third sprint Sean had more height on the track so I wasn't able to match his acceleration, he got in front but I managed to get on his wheel I tried hard to come round him but just couldn't get past, 2nd place for that spint. The last sprint I was fourth wheel so I decided to go first with a lap to go, came round everyone and took the final sprint. Suprisingly I managed to get the most points winning the race overall.

The Devil Race. Staying at a reasonable pace, I stayed near front and out of trouble for the first part of the race. But as the slower ones were eliminated the pace started to pick up as everyone was begining to get nervous of being eliminated. One close call meant I needed to take a risk, a nip up the inside to push everyone up the track. It came down to the last 3 with me, Sean and Rhys Donnelly sprinting for the win. we had Sean boxed in but Rhys let him out and gained height, I was on the front and had no option but to go, Sean though with his extra height, got round me and got a gap. I dug in and kept driving, I was coming back at him 50m to go I was coming round him I did a huge lunge for the line but it just wasn't enough and Sean just took it on the line. 2nd place for me.

The second of the Scratch races. Reduced from the anticipated 20 laps to 10 laps to try and speed things up, the race panned out pretty much the same as the first with a few attacks being made. 2 and a half laps to go I came to the front, I kept the pace steady for a lap and pulled off on turn 1 using it as an excuse to gain height, I picked up speed and attacked with a lap and a half to go taking everyone by surprise and getting a massive gap. Nobody was able to respond and I won the final race by a clear 20m.

I claimed two 1st places and two 2nd places to finish the joint first with Sean Noon on the night.

Zak
Full results will be published on Monday and I will publish then.
Last edited by The Loneys on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Loneys
Maillot Jaune

Re: Scottish Cycling National Track League Wednesday 10 October

Postby Andy D » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Superb!!!

See you there next week ;)
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Re: Scottish Cycling National Track League Wednesday 10 October

Postby Baldieheidit » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:10 am

I might come down and spectate.
Baldieheidit