First races

Away from Aberdeen, or 'abroad' if you come from Tarves

First races

Postby Russ » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Can't manage the gifford race anyone else want to make up a team for the TTT in mussleburgh ( sorry if spelt wrong).
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Re: First races

Postby John Hunter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Whats the distance Russ? Id be tempted for a shot at this with some guys id similar speed
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Think its normally 25 miles or so, the Granite guys won it last year. I'm hoping to get a ride at Gifford. After that it looks like the Corrieri TT at Stirling before the Dick Londragon. Think I might miss the Presentation TT and concentrate on the Sunday.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:02 pm

well id doubt to be faster on a 25 than my 68 last season.

Corrieri looks like being my first of the season on the current plan, is it sad to have it all planned? :shock:
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Stevie Blom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Russ,

Trying to get fit just now but if i feel upto it nearer the time i will do it with you.
Its a very tough course.....its got a fair long drag just after the start line so got to be ready for early torture.
after that its mainly a tail wind for several miles followed by a possible block head wind once you pass the coast section!!

Think its 2 x 17 miles laps.

you defo want to be feeling fit and ready for that otherwsie you could be left stranded oot the back :ugeek: :!:

Let you knowif i do it....
Stevie Blom
Stabalizers

Postby ali » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:17 pm

the TTT is 3 x 9 mls, like Stevie says its a hard course, some technical bits and always windy, last year we were the only team to ride with all the riders riding discs and in some sections i had to go off the TT bars and ride normally.

I think its a great race, usually a full field so get ur entries in quick.

Ali
ali
Grifter

Postby skeener » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:37 pm

ali forgot to say that he spent 90% of the race on the front. Its a course for road riders rather than testers but it is a very good event
skeener
Stabalizers

Postby marco » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 pm

how do we apply for entry into super 6 races again? ive forgotton... whats the gifford course (B) like?
marco
Stabalizers

Postby Stevie Blom » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Last time i rode that event with Ian Sim and Chris Smart turned out to be a nightmate.
We turned up to find out that the entire Rapha Condor squad was out alng with Endura.
it was going well and with my newly purchased Greame Obree wheels we was flying until i went through a pothole and just about came to a halt thinking my carbon wheels where smashed then water bottle falls oot the cage :idea: BUT the other 2 lads where a mile up the road still hammering the tarmac.......they waited on me and we lost the race...ended up 5th with 50 seconds down on the winner :?

End of the day i took some doin verbally :D :roll:

Without doubt a Road mans course and bloody hard going - dont think my heart rate was ever below 180 beats.
Stevie Blom
Stabalizers

Postby malcolm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Gifford should be on entrycentral at some point. Not sure how things are being organised with James McCallum having left SC. No doubt there will be a mad rush for the B Race, I have the joys of the A race to look forward to if I get in

The Granite guys will know the course if its the same
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Next

Return to Scotland