Grampian Grand Prix 2010

Local races for local people.

Grampian Grand Prix 2010

Postby malcolm » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Folks,

Some positive news, invite from Grampian Transport Museum arrived tonight and the application for Saturday 21st August will be in this week.

Malcolm
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Grampian Grand Prix 2010

Postby Andy D » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am

Crackin' news Mal. I'll make sure its in the diary.

We'll have to get a group together to start work on it for 2010 - hopefully you will have even more helpers for organising and preparation this year. Count me in anyway.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 am

Confirmation that the Grampian Grand Prix will take place at the Grampian Transport Museum, Alford. Letter came this morning.

There is a second event on that day so we have to vacate by 2pm which is the same as last year. I am concentrating on reinforcing what we did last year so the format will be the same but hopefully slicker and once i've had a chat with Andy and Peter we might throw in some changes to the races but nothing major.

What would be nice is a full field of 60 Seniors to allow the three senior races to split into 3 groups. Due to see Euan soon about the youth races as well.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:28 pm

It was too slick last year. Can I have some more grip please.

Will it have stopped snowing by then?
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Sadly it clashes with the Scottish Crit Champs, so we might be limited in the big boys and 'B' Race riders but even if we are kept limited to our 2 teir system for Seniors it will be no problem.

Hopefully get a big north contingent again as the Forres, Moray Firth and Cairngorm riders really boosted the racing and were very active.

The pursuit type races were really good (I thought) and could be rolled out for more riders as a separate contest (the wee ones could do the half lap circuit).
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm

could we work out how non-club members can enter? some peopel I know would come and have a go, but are not SCU affiliated etc
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm

As long as they pay a day licence and fee then they are normally covered I think. SC sent through an organisers pack inc a CD, quite impressed given some of the things SC don't do well.

The crit might have an impact but it would still beg the question with the numbers riding EL and those who race normally, why 60 seniors, male and female isn't achievable. Just have to work on those who are unsure and the minority who viewed last years event as somehow being detrimental to road racing.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Return to Aberdeen District Area