Methlick Duathlon

Local races for local people.

Methlick Duathlon

Postby Bondie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am

Suffering from a cold and off the bike for the last few days, I decided to head to Methlick and watch the hardy soles tackling the Methlick Duathlon on a crips and freezing Sunday morning.
I took photos of anything wearing an Ythan top.
Having looked at the results sheet and had the names confirmed I am now a bit embarrassed cause I've cycled with Neil MacPherson loads of times and have only just realised that I don't know what he looks like unless he has a cycle hat on. By the time I recognised him he was past me, then I'd no idea what he looked like when he was running again. :oops:
Also saw Jonathan Cordiner but actually only recognised his bike.....sorry to those I missed.

Hope nobody objects but here's some photos of the event.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanbond1
Bondie
Grifter

Re: Methlick Duathlon

Postby Bondie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 am

If anyone wants a photo - get in touch and I'll e-mail it to you. No fee required.
Bondie
Grifter

Postby malcolm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Has anyone seen the results?

A good day yesterday although the first run was freezing cold through the woods. Luckily the roads had defrosted by the time the bike section started. Landed up behind a hay lorry which couldn't get past the two groups that had formed on the roadso I had to sit on his bumper all the way up Methlick Brae. The lorry took ages to get past the groups but once I got going it was pretty fast with no wind at all and had a clear run from Ythanbank to Methlick. The second run was ok this year, always a slog up the hill but seemed easier than last year. Pity Andy's leg packed in as he was 1st Ythan to that point. Unless some members not in club kit were up front it looked like Mike G was first home for the club.

Good photos.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Bondie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Malcolm - Yes the results are up. Check out the homepage www.threepeakstri.org.uk
5th line down should be the Methlick Results, If the results are still not visible try a refresh or try F5.
Really enjoyed the racing yesterday, my wife Kathy fancies a shotty and has come away all inspired. But she now tells me she needs a new road bike.....YIKES. Shoulda seen that one coming.
Bondie
Grifter

Postby Carol » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 am

Barry Ingram first Ythan Member ...8th place overall well done.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Well done to the Ythan-ites who started AND finished!

Felt like I was plodding on the first run, a reasonable bike (pity I didn't get given a bike time, as I think it was fairly rapid?!?) was catching long strings of riders all the way round and I think I was probably up to around the top 10(ish) after the bike but just couldn't get my legs to behave.

Big 'popping' feeling in my right calf prompted me to pull up and avoid risk of permanent damage.

Our resident Triathlon and Scotch Egg expect has put me onto a support product which might allow me to do a bit more running, so we will see if I can progress with that for future events.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Return to Aberdeen District Area