Cyclefest Sportive

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

Cyclefest Sportive

Postby Chris S » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 am

Seen on http://www.deeside.org/ that they are running a couple of sportives on the 21st May at the Cyclefest in Alford. Anyone thinking of doing any of these?

Category Distance Fee
Hard riders 100miles £12
Sport riders 100kms £10
Ordinary riders 25miles £5
Beginner riders TBC Free
Chris S
Raleigh Banana

Re: Cyclefest Sportive

Postby John Hunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 am

i was thinking about it when Ali first mentioned it, but the date is all wrong for me in a number of ways :(
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Might be another one w should take the kids on - 25 miles. I can't do the 25mtt on the Sunday as will be sorting out the Cyclefest stuff (still looking for volunteers to help out) so I guess a longer run that Saturday could be on.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 am

Hi Isobel

Can you circulate some information to our clubs for me:

Cyclefest Sportive – On Saturday 21 May 2011, the first day of the Cyclefest at Grampian Transport Museum, Alford, Sandy Lindsay is organising a Sportive. There are distances of 100 miles, 100kms and 25 miles as well as a very short version where you can bring your kids along and get them onto the museum's hard track. It's a busy weekend with a 25TT on the Sunday and loads of activities at the museum. Get involved. Check out some more details on our website www.deeside.org I'd like a hundred riders or more to take part. Any queires can be directed to Sandy on email Knockies@aol.com

Regards

Sandy L
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps