Euro Sportives

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

Euro Sportives

Postby dougan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 am

Was going to register for a couple of these. Most require a medical certificate or UCI registered cycle membership. Can anyone confirm that a GB Racing License will comply?
dougan
Stabalizers

Re: Euro Sportives

Postby Andy D » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

I am led to believe a BCF racing license will suffice.

The GCRT boys or Mike Spalding (DTCC) will be able to answer with authority as they have ridden the Marmotte in recent years.

I am wondering myself as to what the best approach is to enter the Marmotte - do you need to enter the Grand Trophee to ensure entry to the Marmotte or will you get in with just the straight Marmotte entry? I ask because I am led to believe it is over subscrbed these days.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Have done the gf campag three times last time 08 and the marmotte in 05 never been asked to supply medical details at sign on. All brilliant events Gf campag now the gf sportful I think
Russ
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:42 pm

You have always needed a Dr's Cert for the Etape but typically being French they would accept a few scribbled note on the back of a fag packet, signed 'love from Dr Joseph Mengele', so I expect that is the way things are going now in Euro Sportives due to high demand and high attrition rates from those who are not really up to the ride.

I have seen on other forums that a photocopy of BCF Race Licence accompanies some folks' entries and that has been accepted - not surprisingly, since you are paying out cold hard cash to enter!
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby ali » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:52 pm

for things like flanders and amstel i have never been asked for either licance or med cert, for the grand trophy events only the marmotte requires a med cert and I was asked for it. but its like andy says the french don't pay the slightest notice the just keep the cert and i guess bin it later, i got a proper cert the last time and it was a right pain to get the other times i just scanned in my old one and changed the date, they don't even look at it.
ali
Grifter

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps