Eck Whyte

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

Eck Whyte

Postby Carol » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Eck Whyte is currently doing his cycle challenge this week.

He left from the Haughs, Turrif on Monday and hopes to visit all 18 of the Highland League grounds in the next six days, 600miles in total. He will use the money raised to help Turriff FC alleviate the costs caused by flood damage and local charities.

Eck hasnt a clue how much money has been raised but we hope to get more info and a photo on his return in time for the next issue of Saddle Sore
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Re: Eck Whyte

Postby Fiona Fudge » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:20 am

What a fantastic challenge!

I saw Eck being interviewed on the evening news last week.

Good luck Eck.
Fiona Fudge
Maillot Vert

Postby malcolm » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 am

I wondered who that was yesterday. Kieran and myself were driving down from Inverness and saw him at a mobile home at the side of the road then on the A96 near Brodie. Saw the Turriff name on the kit.

Of course he will be visiting next seasons champions at Harlaw Park, Inverurie!!
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby MGB » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:20 pm

He's done it! Just back from the Haughs having been to see his arrival. It had been the plan that I would accompany him today (he'd some work colleagues earlier in the week) but a problem with his phone meant that we couldn't line up a revised start rendezvous. I did the mileage albeit not the exact route a couple of hours earlier today which would have been by far the lightest day so it just shows what a tremendous achievement the whole undertaking was, in some really awful weather earlier in the trip.
MGB
Fisher Price Trike

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps