Nick Hardy road race

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

Nick Hardy road race

Postby Scotty » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Just wondering if anyone is thinking of doing this race and if anyone has experienced this race in the past? I'm debating whether to enter or not. Cheers
Scotty
BMX

Re: Nick Hardy road race

Postby malcolm » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:46 pm

I've rode it in 2012. It is a RR and isn't a sportive. Its a 3/4 race but given the current resurgence in ex racers coming back it will have a field of decent quality. The course is 3 laps and it is tight if the organiser goes for the 80 places instead of 60. The roads aren't wide enough and it is a busy area for traffic so 60 is really the limit as there is no way you can move up through the bunch when its 80 without crossing the white lines. Tayside is really strict on this and they will stop a RR if riders cross the line, which is why it should only be 60.

Great facilities at Monikie and a closed road finish. The hills aren't severe enough to cause any major splits or allow a break to normally stay away so it has a fast average speed and basically comes down to holding the wheels and trying to be near the front on the way back to Monikie.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Re: Nick Hardy road race

Postby Scotty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Cheers Malcolm,

I've entered this race so hopefully I'll get a place.
Scotty
BMX

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps