Sponsorship for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

Sponsorship for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Postby Bondie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:46 pm

I've signed up for the Etape Caledonia this year. Training was going great until that great dump of snow came, and after an offshore trip I'm a bit behind and panicking.
I'm trying to get sponsorship for the Marie Curie Cancer Care who do a great job supporting people suffering from cancer and their families. Any donations you give via my just giving page would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.justgiving.com/Alan-Bond1

Thanks

Alan Bond
Bondie
Grifter

Re: Sponsorship for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Postby Bondie » Mon May 13, 2013 2:32 pm

A HUGE Thank You to all those who sponsored me to take part in the Etape Caledonia, yesterday.
It was a great day, cool, but very little wind and only sporadic rain showers, and just a spot of snow, just a typical training day in Ellon.
I finished in 4hrs 29mins so didn't set the world alight but managed to set a PB. Yippee.
My target was £300 but I managed to raise a total of £750 for the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity.
Looking forward to it next year.

Thanks again
Bondie
Bondie
Grifter

Postby Colin A » Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Was looking out for you but didn't see you.
I went round the first half with Paul Scott, Bob Hill and Mike Harper. They dropped me on the hill but then I seem to have passed Mike and came in just behind Paul. Bob was a good seven minutes in front of me.
Did George Cruikshank do it? I saw Alan Gordon who was riding with his brother.
Jeanette was there somewhere as well.

Nice wee photo of Mike, me and Paul

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/ ... 19&bib=480

I'll not bother with any of the other photos i think I look like I'm about to puke.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby snail » Mon May 13, 2013 7:38 pm

As I started in wave Z, couldn't quite catch you guys :lol: . Had such a good time, really enjoyed the route and the whole experience. By the time I came off Schiehallion (sp?) we were biking into the wind, so spoilt that a wee bit. Raised over £700 for Pitmedden First Responders too, so great day all round. :P

Jeanette
snail
Stabalizers

Postby Bondie » Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 am

I had a nice breakfast and since I was just staying nearby headed down about 30 minutes before our wave was scheduled to go. Pushed up as much as could but when the banners came up I was too far back. Supposed to start in K but started in M. Wasn't too bothered as I didn't think my early season training had gone well enough and didn't feel confident that I could keep up with the Ythan pack. However, I cruised a bit until I hit the Hill, then I started to push a little. Had a quick chat with Alan Gordon and his brother along the way and felt REALLY strong by the time I reached the last hill.

Feel I should have pushed a bit harder now, but that's the most I've ever enjoyed any Sportive.
Back again next year I think.
Bondie
Grifter

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps