Kinross Sportive

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

Kinross Sportive

Postby Dave H » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Just to let you know I did the Kinross Sportive at the weekend (Sat 28th Apr).

There are three route options (1) Blue 44 miles, (2) Red 68 miles and (3) Black 87 miles with 5500 ft of climbing all starting at the Loch Leven Community Campus in Kinross. The event is in its second year of running. 617 riders finished the event this year.

Its well supported by the local community, with people coming out to cheer us on, there was even a guy dressed as the grim reaper. I decided to do the Black route and was motoring along nicely aiming for a sub 5 hour finish when ended up off course by 10km with 20km to go. Some of the signs had been removed! The organisers think Perth & Kinross Council removed them.

Though not a race and more of a challenge, in the end I finished in a time of 5:16:32 (35th / 232), would maybe of got top 20 if not gone the wrong way.

Anyway I thought it was a great event, with stunning scenery and good riding company / conversation, plus well organised. I would recommend giving it a go.
Dave H
Grifter

Re: Kinross Sportive

Postby Colin A » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:07 pm

I saw a lot of folk with bikes heading that way on Saturday morning when i was heading to Edinburgh. i wondered what was going on. well done.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Kinross Sportive

Postby dave mac » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Now that sounds like a good event, great result Dave
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps