2012 Continuing the search for some SUN

Off to a Sportive event? 'Racing' a charity event or just going somewhere nice with your bike?

2012 Continuing the search for some SUN

Postby dave mac » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Oh to just take part in an event with Blue skies, even grey skies would have done just as long as the temperature was at least in double figures! Every event I had a go at this year seemed to be blessed with wind, rain and winter temperatures.

Will 2012 be any different? Well Alan Yeatman assures me he has the answer, an event guaranteed to run in warm sunshine. The Ican Triathlon MALLORCA 29 Sep 2012 just 10 months, 9 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes away. http://www.icantriathlon.com

That’s it, I’ve said it now, recorded the intent on the forum so I am in. :D

Anyone else up for it?

Fly from Aberdeen for a few days relaxation before Mr Yeatman and myself head for the starting line. Alan did say the bike and run course are all flat, along with his weather guarantee it will be a great week away – what can possibly go wrong ;)

(just have to remember some boxing gloves for the swim :twisted: )
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Re: 2012 Continuing the search for some SUN

Postby ally_rowe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Sounds like a plan.....I quite like the sound of this one after Alan mentioned it on the club run.....

I falls well for my time off, so, count me in.....Better get some swimming lessons sorted out :?
ally_rowe
Stabalizers

Postby dave mac » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Great Ally looks like the beginnings of an Ythan Triathlon Team. :o

Had a look at the website – you can enter the tri as a team.

Spend the week relaxing around a pool or beach, the odd swim, cycle and run then the event on the Saturday, great week away 8-)

With flights direct from Aberdeen – what can possibly go wrong ;)
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby Dave H » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Dave,

I think I mentioned to you that I went to watch it this year when on holiday. It looked a great event - well organised. I understand there were pre and post party events, loads of freebies and the biggest finishers medal I've ever seen. I was chatting with the guy who owns the Tri shop in Port Pollenca and he showed me his finishers certificate and medal. He was completely wrecked after the full iron man race.

They have the half ironman and the full iron man, which one are you going for? The swim is a sea swim in Palma Bay, followed by a fairly hilly cycle, but if you have done Alp D'Huez then no problem, the run is 10 km along the coast to Palma, turn opposite the cathedral, 10km back (dead flat) and repeat again if doing the iron man.

By the way the weather at this years event was 30 degrees C.

I'd like to do it too, but need to have a think first, get over my injury and check it over with 'her in doors' before confirming my intention.

I'm up for setting up an Ythan Triathlon team if anyone else is interested. I think we have the making for decent team.

Dave
Dave H
Grifter

Postby dave mac » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you’re in :D

The course has moved round the coast a bit for 2012, Alan Y is going to try and get an idea of the cycle and run route. The weather and of course, a direct flight from Aberdeen are very appealing.

The Half Ironman is the one I intend to go for, just don’t have the time to train for the full one this year. Anyway if I went for the full Ironman I might miss the post event party!

Hopefully you get rid of that injury soon.
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm really concerned about the way this CYCLE club is going :(

A bunch of pervy old men jogging down the beach wearing nothing but sleeveless vests and speedos.

for that reason alone - Im out ;)

PS I ran about 300 yards today and I think I've injured myself :x
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby dave mac » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Aye Mr A. still have nightmare flashbacks o you trotting roon Banff in yer speedos :shock:

Apologies to all who have read this, bet you can’t get that image oot o yr heed noo ;)
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby Colin A » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was trying to run from the local banjo players. Anyway those speedos were acceptable n the 80s

We'll have to edit the photos of 83.5kg of belly sticking over the top of your budgie smugglers next September :o

Enjoy your curry this weekend, have two portions, you know it makes sense:lol:
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby malcolm » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:28 am

Found this, Dave Mac and Mr Allanach in the changing tent at the Banff triathlon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Dave H » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Colin,

I'm fed up travelling to Inverurie to train with the Three Peaks Triathletes (TPT), sometimes late on a Monday night for swim training, not getting in til after 10pm. I think it would be good if Ythan has a sub-group (like Deeside Thistle) to cater for Triathletes.

Besides, I reckon we would beat most of the TPTs anyway (there not that good). What with our international triathlete - Dave Mac, also Alan Yeatman and Ally Rowe. I've also seen people like Andy Duncan and Carol actually running at the Methlick Duathlon. We have the making of a good team.

Dave
Dave H
Grifter

Next

Return to Sportives, Charity Rides and Training camps